Friday, March 20, 2020

3/20/20 Another Day In The Era Of Corona?

    We bought our secret defense against a possible martial law situation, the upright freezer, now it wastime to fill it up.  I guess, like everything else, it won't be that easy.  First of all, there were no Red Baron pizzas in the freezers at HEB.  We ended up buying a mix of different brands, I figured we should give some of these fancy looking new brands a try.  But I guess, I should start at the beginning.
    Wife woke up unusually early and came down to check on me.  I went up to bed with her, but woke right before 6:00am and decided I felt good enough to write my blog yesterday morning.  About the time I was getting done is when I could hear stomping around upstairs, which told me she was either coming down or going to the bathroom.  She came down to check on me.  I guess as a mother, she feels she can tell me to go to bed and get more sleep.  I find it interesting because I never tell her what to do, yet she has no problem telling me it's time to come to bed, but I digress.  We talked for a bit at 7:00am but I know she has been saying that HEB opens now at 8:00am, so I told her it was too early to try and go shopping.  She went bac to bed, but came back down at 9:30am, ready to go look for TP and meat.
    We decided to go to the HEB in Kyle.  It is a bigger store and I thought we might get lucky and find TP, which we did not.  I mean, we kind of did, they are selling single rolls for $1, instead of the packs of 4 and everyone has a limit of 2.  We got the 2, I mean it's something.  We also got way too much of everything, including 2 gallons of milk.  Javalina has started drinking it by the quart, literally, with his protein shakes.  We are finally noticing him getting a little taller, he says he is up to 5'9", so he needs to continue what he is doing.  I would have wanted to get a lot more meat, but then Wife noticed a sign saying we could only take 4 packages of beef, 2 packages of chicken, so there is still a lot of room to fill, but I think we are off to a good start.  We also went through the frozen foods section and got a big box of pepperoni hot pockets, and other foods like that that the boys will cook on their own.  We are even trying to freeze some bread to see if it will last longer and not turn moldy.
    All in all, it was probably the most food we have bought in one trip, Wife said it was like $450.  We even have multiple cakes and Wife made one on her own, an upside down pineapple cake which was great.  The one thing that was different was that because we are not allowed to congregate in buildings with too many people, we had to stand in line before we started shopping.  It wasn't too bad, maybe because we went so early, but maybe we were in line for 10 minutes or so.  By the time we came out, the line looked a lot thicker and moving slow.  We got home, put away everything and then I got another idea, to go buy ammo and maybe another gun to protect what is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment