Tuesday, March 10, 2020

3/10/20 I Hate Paperwork?

    I am coming on 50 years and I can't believe we still have to do bullshit paperwork all the time.  This stupid places all know our SSN, our birthdays, where we work, basically what we do with 90% of our time.  How come when it comes time to fill out paperwork anywhere, all of a sudden, everyone turns into a young Helen Keller.  If I even think boat, Google starts showing me boats, sea life, stores that sell boats.  But if I want to do anything that benefits me, shit, I have to drag out all the paperwork I have ever sent a dime to and run it manually via a scanner back to them so they can judge me, like they didn't know I bought a Coke Zero three weeks ago at Home Depot on a Thursday at 4:00pm.
    I usually ignore all forms of paper crap until I am dying, but Friday I took the boys to the dentist and one of the hygienists was being cute about it being my turn to get my teeth cleaned.  Of course, I respond to this with a "you're right, Cutiepie.  I should be doing a better job of taking care of me."  I went and gave them my info up front only to find out I don't exist in whatever card I have been carrying, at least to the dentist part of it.  So now what?  I am wanting to get my teeth looked at, it has been a few years, probably when I got knocked off the Aetna coverage for the dentist.  I remember I was going routinely then they called that they were updating their machines or whatever at the last dentist place I went to.  I never got a reminder call, so I was like a resident in Rudolph's Land of Misfit Toys and nobody would play with my teeth again.  Being that it always just seems like a nuisance to go in on a Wednesday when you would rather be doing something else, I too let it slip.  But here we are, somebody outside of my house, has asked about my teeth, and I like to provide a better answer than a shrug, America's answer for everything mundane.
    I got up at 5:30am today to pee, btw, I slept on the chair again in our room and managed another 3.5 hour stretch, which I love.  Anyways, I went through all our paperwork and thought I had hit the motherload when the Aetna letter addressed to me said to fill out the online part for the rest of my benefits, only to find that I was still void of coverage for my teeth.  I looked at my works website thingy and I might have another lead, but it seems I am going to have to dig deep into my paperwork collection to find some sort of card, I am not sure what to do.  I'll probably call my boss to see who our coverage is with and save me some time, if I can remember all this later.
    After about an hour of going back and forth, I have actually figured out and gotten my dental plan card.  I can now take information to the dentist office where my boys go and get myself into the rotation.  I might have a cavity or two, serves me well for all the sweets I eat, but at least I didn't just waste my time here.  I mean this should all still be much easier than this, but at least it all worked out without me having to pick up the phone and call 10 different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment