Thursday, March 12, 2020

3/12/20 Bad Knee Healing?

    I think my knees are finally getting better.  About a month ago, I don't know what happened but my right knee went bad.  I think it was on one of those situations where I ran over to show Javalina something on the computer and dropped to my knees thinking I would catch myself on the bed, but the bed in the guest room is lower than the one in our room, so I landed full weight on my knees on the ground.  This did not immediately get the pain going, but when I woke the next day, I could hardly step on my right leg.
    For about a month, I felt all sorts of weird ghost pains.  It would hurt if I tucked it too far in under the chair if I was sitting at the table.  It would hurt if it started going left or right at the knee.  I had to be real careful how I laid down or the pain would make me get up.  I started using my left knee more when I needed to use my knees to get up or anything requiring their participation.
    I thought I was getting pretty good last week, then I decided to help trim the grass as Javalina cut it.  We did this on Friday before Wife got home and I was then barely able to walk the rest of the weekend.  For a while, I was even worried I had pushed it too far and this time I would need a doctor visit.  Luckily, Wife came with plans of being lazy, so we haven't run around much and the rest has been good for me.
    Sometimes I get up and walk and don't feel anything wrong with my right knee.  What is curious is that now the pain seems to be more on the left knee which didn't even hurt in the beginning.  I just have to wait it out I guess, but it is little things like this preventing me from starting a legitimate dieting plan.  I can't really think of dieting if I can't walk for exercise.
    Last week I thought the pain was about gone and then I got a cramp on my right calf muscle and that cramp stayed their for about a week.  I only started not feeling the muscle all tight in the last couple of days, so that just added to the bad leg feeling.  I got one more night of work then I am off for a week for Spring Break.  I want to get excited like when I was a kid or at least when we used to go do stuff, but the best we can do nowadays is follow Wife to Crystal.  She goes back to work next week, so I told her we would go down so I could hang out with my people for a few days.  Unless my plans get changed by that nasty virus which is making people do all sorts of weird shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment