Thursday, February 7, 2019

2/7/19 Almost Missed My Dad's Birthday Yesterday?

    I feel a little bad, but what can you do?  Wife mentioned and reminded me to call my dad during the day, but it is such a rushed time in the afternoon, we really don't even have time to sit and discuss anything.  I got up at 4:15pm, I had to change quickly because Javalina was at tutoring until 4:30pm.  We didn't even get to work out together last night because as soon as we got home, Wife was telling him to get on his make-up work for Geometry and your dad is here to help you.  I am expected to be fully versed and ready on whatever either of the boys are doing math wise and explain it to them.  Sometimes, I have no idea.  They don't even give the children books to refer to anymore.
    While I was helping him with his Geometry, I was also cooking lunch, some sirloin steaks that are just better than any burger, so I am not complaining, but they do take a little time.  I finished eating by 6:15pm and although it was time to shower for work, Boy and his GF walked in and she had a story she said I would appreciate about some idiot scientist who decided he has cracked the code on genetic splicing and wanted to prove it by taking his own saliva mixing this and that and injecting himself with it.  Something about this dude is/was selling these packs to regular people so they could make genetic repairs, like it is as easy as changing a DVD to watch a different movie.  He ended up dying by his own infection or something.  It was quite interesting, but it only slowed me down from getting to work.  As if that wasn't bad enough, we have been having these real HOT jobs from all sorts of different companies, and I would say great, but the work has been landing on me because I am here at night and I get no more for the wear and tear of rushing these jobs.  A guy was calling me at 6:40pm, I had just walked in the bath to take a shower, I told him that.  He calls me ten minutes later asking if I am at work yet, I blurted out "Dude, I just got out of the shower!"  He just said ok, ok, I'll be waiting here.  I then got to work and had to deal with that and while I was sitting there finally relaxing running samples, Wife calls me to say goodnight and ask if I had talked to my father.  I said shit and hung up with her.
    Good thing my dad is a big Spurs fan and they were playing a late game, he was still up.  We talked for a few minutes about the game and how he is doing with his radiation treatment.  He said things are going great and that today they had managed to go to the doctor and come back to Crystal in 2 hours.  The doctor is 45 minutes away, so that was pretty quick.  I am glad he bounced back from the apparent pneumonia and he is still claiming he has given up smoking.  I would like the old fart to stick around another while, and even take him fishing on my next boat, yes there will be another one in a couple years.  Life just needs to line up a certain way and stop with the BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment