Tuesday, February 19, 2019

2/19/19 Back On Ketosis?

    That is Wife's favorite new word, ketosis.  It annoys her to hear it said out loud, but that is what we aim for.  After two weekends of gluttony, I think we are back in control.  It was a rough patch getting through her birthday and then Valentine's Day.  Last weekend was a lot harder, and then for this weekend I had just told Javalina to ease up, we were going to fall of the diet, there were just too many distractions for it not to happen.  Sure enough, Javalina had a sleepover which we got pizzas for, and then we ate outat ChickFilA Saturday afternoon and that meant fries, and again on Sunday we ate at Cheddar's and again I got fries with my hamburger.
    Yesterday, I got up at 1:00pm and took Javalina and myself to Target.  We bought our steaks and salads to get us through the week like I like and I feel the difference.  Eating a high carb meal puts me to sleep or at the least, makes me drowsy.  An Atkins friendly meal does not put me to sleep so easily.  Javalina was saying that he can tell and maybe it's because I have lost some weight that I am not falling apart so often, and I can stay awake without my naps.
    For our workouts, Javalina went and got a 40 lb weighted vest which he will use on his jumping exercises and when he goes jogging.  Along with that I got some of those ropes that stretch for resistance training.  He especially loved using the 60 pound rope and crossing it behind his back to throw punches in front of him.
    I am going to try and stay on Atkins for another month and see if I can loose another 25-30 pounds.  It would be awesome to get back to 350pounds and work down from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment