Sunday, February 3, 2019

2/3/19 Never Goes As Planned?

    This was supposed to be a restful weekend, but do things ever go as planned?  While picking up Javalina, I decided I was going to Home Depot to buy a piece of finished plywood board.  The idea I had was to make shelves in one of the lower kitchen cabinets to store all of our pans and baking sheets.  From the one 24x48 sheet, I was able to make two levels  of 22sq in each.  I consider this something of an urgent undertaking, as Boy and his GF have taken to cooking regularly in the house and that is fine, but man, they have never met a pan they don't need to get dirty.  Everything in their path has to be involved and then afterwards, everything has to be washed.  I figure if I get the stuff away from their current storage, in the oven, they won't be so inclined to take everything out and dirty it.
    Before I got home, though.  I got a call from my supervisor that we were getting some NIQ work to do overnight, if I was interested.  NIQ means Next In Queue, which means it gets done ahead of everyone else's.  I had stayed up late and had not had much thought about working OT, so it caught me a little by surprise, but I never say to extra money.  I was told the wafers to process wouldn't be ready until around 9:00pm.  I was then able to come home with Javalina, work out and eat our sirloin steak and salads.  I had hoped to come home early to see Wife as she was coming back to town, but once I got busy, I stayed busy all night long.  I didn't get done until after 5:00am, and then came home hungry and not sleepy.  I went to sleep around 7:00am, and then got up with Wife at 11:00am.  We both showered and came down for a great breakfast of leftover rotisserie chicken which she disassembled and turned into shredded chicken with some sort of sauce and put them over some omelettes, it was delicious.  We ended up napping after, then we went and saw the Ford Ranger, which was kind of cool, but certainly not worth the $44,900 when a larger F-150 is sitting next to it for $45,130 or something like that.  I sat in the Ranger and it was a snug fit.  I was surprised I fit at all.
    After this, we went to the mall, I picked up my two watches I took in for repairs and then we went to HEB to get meat and groceries before the super bowl crowds of Sunday.  Sunday will be my day of rest.  I am writing this on Sunday at 11:30am.  I got up at 8:30am, after staying up until 2:00am doing those two shelves for the pans and stuff.  I think I should go take a nap, I don't think Wife has even gotten up, so that is probably where I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment