Thursday, February 14, 2019

2/14/19 Valentine's Day?

    Today is barely a holiday, I mean the kids don't get a day off.  I hate to be negative because this is really more a holiday for young love or people who fuck up and are trying to make good.  Maybe I am just a tad cynical because not only am I working, but Wife is three hours away, even if she was here the rest of the week for a conference.  To add insult to injury, as they say, we are supposedly dieting and this type of holiday helps no one.
    For starters, Boy spent last night baking cookies and the same thing from the GF.  The GF said she was bringing Tiramisu over and who can resist home made goodies?  We already went yesterday and got a small cake for the house, so someone has to eat that.  The boys got a chocolate valentine from Wife this morning before she left, so I might even encounter some of that.  Who am I kidding, I love the chocolates that go around for Valentines.  Wife usually gets me a box of those chocolate covered caramels with pecans, pecan delights, or something like that.  Man, that shit is good!
    Since she is out of town and Javalina has a sleepover tomorrow night, we are waiting until Saturday to go have our "romantic" dinner, which again, what do we do, all the good and delicious places are loaded with carbs.  I imagine another blown weekend where we fall off our diets and we get off (my new favorite word) ketosis.  FYI, Wife hates hearing the word, so I use it every chance I get, to poke at her.
    I find it kind of lame that at school the boys never really exchanged valentines like we used to do when we were little.  Not that I ever got anything of interest, just saying the experience seems like a rite of passage, but maybe not.  I remember having a Valentine's party in 5th grade and somehow I was allowed to bring my brother from 2nd grade to the party, I don't know why that memory comes at me quite a lot, but I guess it was a weird thing to do and I still recall running and messing around under the tables chasing him and stuff.
    Anyways, some of you like this holiday, and to you well, Happy Valentine's Day.  To the rest of you, remember, candy is 50% off the next day.  That is when I would normally strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment