Sunday, February 10, 2019

2/10/19 Happy Birthday, Wife!

    Today is actually Wife's birthday, even if we celebrated it yesterday at my in-law's.  THe party turned out quite nice, the sisters got together and pretty much made everything by the time we showed up.  They had offered us a low carb version of Chinese food, but that is almost impossible.  Still, the effort was there, if we were strong enough to have stuck to the diet.  There was chicken and broccoli, and fried skinless chicken to eat with some green beans.  I saw Javalina putting Srirachi or however you spell that to make it have some kick and it helped.  After this, we did eat cake and it was a pretty round pink cake with chocolate melting all along t he upper edge seam and melting down the sides.  I thought it was too sweet, but maybe because we haven't had sweets in a month, hell, I still ate two slices.  This was enough as Boy got into his serious conversation  about his boss referencing his dyslexia and he told that story to his grandparents, I went and took a nap for about an hour.  Oh yeah, before that, she did open presents from everyone.  I know our gift is not original, but she is very hard to shop for, so we got her another purse and matching wallet.  I like the sturdy leather and craftsmanship of the Brahmin bags, so we got her another one of those, which she might have 3-4 now.
    We left around 5:00pm, I could not believe how cold it was, just stopping to gas up felt like I was exposed to the winds of the tundra, but we got back and it was way too early to call it a night, even if I did sleep all the way back.  We went ahead and ordered pizza.  We did the math that we were not in ketosis anymore, due to eating cake, so we might as well enjoy it.  We went and got Pizzas from Little Caesar's and I have to say it was delicious.  We stayed up until around 11:30pm downstairs watching our regular shows and then Wife said she was going to take a shower.  I took the rest of the night to continue cleaning around the pool table, which has been a mess since we were going to move out, three years ago.  We still had bins and boxes in the corner with stuff that had been hanging on the walls.  I also took the liberty of hanging Boy's framed posters and art.  He has fancied himself a collector of artwork and I get to enjoy his work by hanging them on my walls.  He already has too many hanging in his room and I was able to hang about 10 more on the walls around the pool table.  He still has another 15-20 posters stacked on the pool table where he flattens them, because they all come delivered in tubes, they get funky want to bend into tube shapes.  This was something Wife wanted, for us to clean the front room, I need to continue with the next room where he has begun putting his 3D printers and all their crap, which looks messy.  I have some ideas to clean this up.
    As for today, I foresee more cake this afternoon, but then tomorrow we go back to our diet for another month of hard disciplined dieting.  Next month will be Spring Break that is going to make us stumble, but that is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment