Friday, February 15, 2019

2/15/19 Dexter (Netflix)?

    I know I am late to this party, but I needed something new and edgy to watch and keep me entertained and I found it in Dexter.  Dexter is an older show that ran from 2006-2013, but it is new to me on Netflix.  The series follows Dexter, a blood splatter analyst (if there is such a job title) working in Miami.  First of all, Miami is a beautiful place to film, I am liking that area more and more and if I weren't so tied down to Texas with all my family here, it is a place I would consider moving to.
    By day Dexter works for the local police force and helps in investigations of murder and helps to track down serial killers and people like that.  At night, he lets out his inner demons occasionally and when the system fails to punish a would/should be criminal, he takes care of business.  It turns out he has always has a lust for killing, he was adopted at a young age and his step-dad caught on and with his help, Dexter was able to cope and survive in a world he didn't always understand.  His step-dad was a cop also, and he taught Dexter that since he has a need to kill at times, he should focus his skills on the dirt bags of society.  When the system fails and releases killers and they go right back to doing what they do, Dexter takes care of them, on the down low.
    I am only up to episode 10 of the first season and it has already  had me on the tip of my chair as to what is going to happen next.  He has a girlfriend who doesn't require a sex life and that works for him since he is awkward with intimacy.  He also has a sister who works in the police force with him and they have a good relationship.  One of the sargeant's hates him, or he gives the guy the creeps, but most of the other co-workers get along fine with him.  He lives a simple clean life and owns the kind of boat I would love to have.
    I like the idea of Dexter types really existing and taking care of trash people.  It is said 5% of the people cause 80% of the problems in a society.  If these jerk-offs knew they could be deleted and most of America would be happy, they might behave better.

No comments:

Post a Comment