Saturday, February 16, 2019

2/16/19 Stupidity In Progress, Paying Citizens To Be Citizens?

    I may be wrong, apparently I have been wrong all along about Trump as he is turning out to be one of the great ones, alongside Lincoln and Washington, but this is not about President Tweet.  I just came down to write my blog and I had a nice generic topic already thought out in my head, but I read an article that in Stockton, California, they are sending debit cards to a select group of its population loaded with $500 and they will continue to get the $500 free for 18 months to do with whatever they want.  Now, my opinion is that of course this money will be squandered on useless shit like going out, beer, partying.  Hell, I was going to talk about working a little OT and getting a few hundred bucks extra and how it feels like we can breeze and enjoy going out to a Pappadeoux or something else nice but expensive.  That has got to be the same thing these people are feeling minus the extra sweat equity that I put into getting my extra money.  It almost seems unfair, but there is no reason to get mad because there is no way this program will work.
    As much as I was a full on liberal and sided with these people and helping those in need, I have learned through the years that many in need refuse to help themselves and instead put efforts into sinking deeper in their own holes.  instead of going to school to improve their lives, they have more kids than they can support.  Instead of focusing on the kids they have, they go out and party when they have a little extra money and get fired from jobs they were barely holding on to.  I have seen these type of people quit decent jobs so they can do something stupid like go on vacation and then struggle when they come back because they don't have a job.
    I am not even blaming "those" type of people, give me $500 and you can bet I'll find stupid shit to buy.  I have an itch right now that Javalina needs a $500 watch because he said he liked it, I want to buy a $300 bottle of liquor because it was behind a locked glass case in the liquor store and we don't even drink.  I want to get a squat rack that is like $600 because Javalina and I are training for his football season.  I haven't bought myself new Oakleys in three years and Boy took my last pair and kept them and those run at least $250.  I am not making this list to say poor me as my brother likes to interpret, but normal people have wants and if the government started giving me free money, I might start treating myself first to a couple of wants before I did what they think I should do like increase my savings.  This doesn't even take into account I am driving around in a 15 year old vehicle, if the money lasted longer than 18 months, I would blow it all and then some on a new truck, just saying.
    But I was wrong about President "grab them by the p**sy", so I could be wrong about society.  There is a world somewhere that you give Joe Six-Pack $500 and he starts a savings for his 3-4 kids to go to college.  There is a world where Mama Martini takes the money and enrolls in some classes at the local college and makes herself more productive to society.  We are living in a new world that I do not understand now.

No comments:

Post a Comment