Wednesday, February 6, 2019

2/6/19 Is The Blog Going To Die?

    When I started this in 2014, I really meant it to be a sort of diary my boys could look back at and see what I thought about various things.  Occasionally, I find that they read one, or if I tell them I wrote about them, then they will more than likely go see what I had to say about them.  In the last two weeks, I have been getting notices that Google+ and other things are not going to be supported coming in March.  I am not sure if that is geek language meaning the blog landscape is going away or if just some of the features will disappear.  In the meantime I will start printing all these pages at home, I am well over 1500 separate continuous days and it would suck if everything just disappears.  Best case scenario, only a few functions go away and the blog lives on, worst case, it all goes away and I'll have to decide if I want to continue.  I know some of them suck or are light on material, but you try writing every day, even when you are busy traveling, or extra busy at work.
    I'd like to print these, but at 1500 pages and growing, it would cost me a pretty penny.  I might, maybe just a couple books printed, one for each Boy, something like that.  I had looked into it and there is a place that binds books in leather for about $300 a book.  I saw that a couple years ago and if anything, they would look nice on a bookshelf, specially if I did it for a couple of years and gave them multiple books spanning 10-20 years.  We'll see, I might also see this end of the Google blog as my escape and say F**k it, I'm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment