Sunday, February 24, 2019

2/24/19 Saturday Was A Great Day?

    My posse finally let me have a day my way, it was great from start to finish.  I got up at 6:30am on my own and came downstairs to write yesterday's blog and drink a cup of coffee.  I was done within an hour or so and did what I normally do, watch YouTube videos, paid some bills and ate a piece of cake while everyone slept.  About 10:00am, I got bored and went upstairs, Wife had told me we could go to the RV show if we went early.  I wasn't 100% that I wanted to go, but we didn't have anything better, so I woke her.  She will normally sleep until noon or 1:00pm if left alone and I try to understand as during the week she is a beast, traveling back and forth from Austin and La Pryor, sometimes both ways in one day.  She agreed to get up but I remembered I had bought Boy a work table with drawers and peg board, pretty nice but needed assembly.
    I went to work while Wife showered and it took me maybe an hour and a half, but now Boy has a pretty good working area in one of the guest rooms for his printers and whatever else is required.  While Wife was in the bathroom, she plays the TV in there, it doesn't have cable, so she is forced to watch the local channels which works in the mornings to watch the news and weather, but they were giving one of those long commercials from Nyle Maxwell Used cars in North Austin that they had a bunch of cars for sale between 100 and 200 a month, no cash down and with lifetime warranties.  This sounded pretty good, so I agreed we should go check it out, some of the cars looked pretty good, like a Ford Escape and a Mini Countryman.
    We got out there and the lot was smaller than I figured and there were maybe 2-3 cars I would have chosen but we got a dud of a salesman.  He didn't seem aware of the commercial as his first response to my "what cars are for $200, like in the commercial?"  He says "I don't know but you'll need a good 20% down to get that."  I said "no, the commercial said no money down."  He seemed confused and then said well, it'll depend on your credit, which the commercial also said "no credit?  Bad credit?  No problem."  They still had the Mini Countryman, which I really liked, but he said another family was doing their credit to try and get it.  He took my phone number and said he would call if they didn't qualify, but so far, no call.  It's ok, we want a back-up vehicle in case one day my car doesn't start and I need to go get Javalina from school or something like that.  We don't Need Need another car right this minute, and maybe I have finally matured as we didn't run to another dealership and got stupid.  We just stepped back and said "oh well, a better deal will come to us."
    We did wait up north a bit, hoping the guy would text me, while we ate at a nearby McDonald's, but after we were done, we headed back, but I told Wife to cut through Anderson Lane and stop at a store where they sell Murphy beds.  I've had this idea for a long time, murphy beds stand up on their ends and thus give you most of the room's floor space.  Boy wants this for the guest room as we have agreed to let him use the room as his work space for his printers.  He does have another printer in the garage, but this is a giant paper printer like one would use to make CAD layouts or poster size prints which he got at one of the local Goodwills.
    Usually, this is a good day for us, but we also walked into the Camera store there in the same block and then the Sprint store.  They were out of phones as I was pretty willing to get a new phone right then and there.  After this I told Wife, let's do it, let's go to the RV show downtown.  It is kind of a pain in the ass with parking, but Wife has so many conferences downtown that she already knows where to go.  We walked around for a couple hours, we got to the thing at 6:00pm and were there until almost 8:00pm when they closed.  We were then looking for a place for dinner and although we said how about this and that, we couldn't decide until we all settled for Rosa's Tortilla Factory, not the greatest, but we had pizza Friday, and burgers earlier that day.  I like Don Dario's, but I hate the freaking loud live music on the weekends.
    We walked in the house at 9:40pm and I was asleep by 9:42pm.  I slept for an hour and then I got up as Wife was just getting comfortable in the bedroom to watch TV.  I got up and saw like three shows with her until I fell asleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment