Monday, February 11, 2019

2/11/19 Wife's Birthday Weekend?

    I think Wife was happy with her birthday weekend.  She was here Thursday night, so we got to stretch Friday afternoon, which we didn't do much other than eat the chili I made and I introduced her to a new show, Russian Doll, on Netflix and we sat and saw it from start to finish in two sittings.
    Saturday, we were up early, so we could go to San Antonio to celebrate with her peeps, which is always nice as they like to cook and make a fuss, so it takes the burden off my hands.  Javalina and I had gone to the mall Thursday after we picked up Girlie, who needed a ride from work after she was involved in a four car pile-up which totaled her car.  She works close to the mall and that reminded me I better step up and get her a decent gift, otherwise I look bad when everyone is giving her gifts.  We got her a purse from me and the matching wallet from Javalina.  Boy makes his own money, so I figured he could get his own gift.  He and his GF got her a thing of balloons and an orchid, that I saw.  I personally don't like plants because it is something else to try and keep alive.
    The Chinese food was good but once we were off ketosis, it became very easy to jump and order some pizzas for dinner, we had eaten at my in-laws at 1:00pm or so.  The pizza was like at 8:00pm and it was great.
    Sunday morning I got up super early and came down to write and drink coffee.  After awhile, I decided to go get stuff at HEB for breakfast.  I chose barbacoa, which we enjoy on a Sunday morning or really anytime we can get it.  Along with that, Wife made some eggs, and chorizo with beans.  It turned into a great breakfast feast which we enjoyed together along with Boy's GF.  While at the store, I also got meat to BBQ at night, but I knew we were going to need some cake which we would get at either Whole Foods or Central Market.  Wife decided on an Italien cream cake and a chocolate birthday cake, as they are called, but both were the smaller versions.
    While we were waiting and grilling, we got a package from Tiff's Treats.  They deliver cookies that are still warm which makes them soft and crumbly.  Girlie ordered them and this time they came with a small container of cookies and cream ice cream.  She showed up a short time later and we had a decent time Boy recollecting his story of discrimination at work, and Javalina just talking shit as he often does.  We ate BBQ around 9:00pm and the cake probably close to 10:00pm.  What else can you ask for on her birthday, she got to sleep in until almost 1:00pm, and then two of our favorite meals cooked at home.  I would call it a very good weekend, other than we did not make it to the boat store as I was promised, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment