Tuesday, February 26, 2019

2/26/19 2nd Round, Should I?

    I am still mucking around with the idea of a back-up car.  I thought we had talked ourselves out of it, but the guy from the original place called me back Monday afternoon to tell me that the other family that had shown interest in the Mini Countryman did not qualify for a loan.  I can honestly say that car looked like a good buy.  I didn't see any scratches on it, the color of blue just shown vibrantly on it, the leather inside was new looking, like the car had been used by a single gal who didn't party.  Other than the leather inside and sun roof in front and back, it also had low profile tires with what looked like oversized rims.  I looked in Autotrader and for all the 2014s I saw, this one was the cheapest.  The only concern I had was that it has 61,000 miles, but then the dealership has a lifetime warranty on the power train for as long as you own the car.
    Some of the problems I have are that Wife is stepping out of it.  I cannot involve her, she doesn't want to do anything affecting her credit until we are done with our fiasco.  I don't have a problem attempting to get the car under my name, but I already have two cars under my name and the law only allows the two.  In order for me to attempt to get the car, I am going to need a cosigner.  I asked them if I could use my son, they asked how old he was (24), then they said yes.  So now I have to decide if I want him to join us in our credit games.
    Another problem is simply logistics, because they are so far up north I dread taking the drive up there just to test drive a car.  Saturday, we were dragging ass (and staying up north) on the hopes he would call back, but he didn't.  To top it off, Javalina says he needs a car to start learning how to drive.  I think the Mini would be a perfect car for him to learn to drive on, as it is not too big and not too small.  It is lifted up a bit off the ground, so it has a sporty cool stance.
    Ultimately, I don't think the $220 a month is going to kill us and having a back up car is just a good idea, especially right now with Wife working out of town and me left alone to care for Javalina and run him back and forth to places.  On the other hand, an extra $300 a month, once you add insurance, would also be fun to have.  I think I am going to sleep on it and make my decision later.

2014 Mini Countryman:
Image result for 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman Nyle Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment