Tuesday, February 5, 2019

2/5/19 Where Is Winter?

    I know these are first world problems, but where is winter?  This is like the second or third year in a row where the cold season has amounted to a couple of cool weekends in December and then not much more.  We used to get the really brutal cold fronts in January and sometimes in February.  I remember most of our RV trips during spring break that it was just too cold to even think about getting in the water, yet we have had many weekends since Christmas where we could have been at least sitting on a pier feeding the fish with shrimp.
    It seems like Spring is about here because we have started with that ugly morning fog.  Wife left here in what was supposed to be 0% visibility, but looking out our windows, they were wrong.  Wife did say it got bad before she arrived at work, 200 miles away.  She was wanting me to warn Boy, yet we never really got the bad fog the news warned us about.
    I keep saying this is the year we get back into spending time outside, maybe doing a little fishing.  I would really love a boat to do this, but I am willing to start on a pier or the lake edge.  What has sounded interesting is to go below Lake Canyon and try to catch some of those trout that are released there.  They are supposed to be fun to catch, specially with a fly rod.  At this point, I am almost willing to settle for a lame ass canoe, I just really want to get back near the water.
    Wife was telling me that we were going to get into the 80's this week, which meant turning on the A/C, but I looked and we might dodge that bullet for another week at least.  I would much rather have the windows open than run the A/C, our light bill just goes crazy in the summer, I don't want that to start in February.
    Maybe it is just a fluke, but I think this might be part of the global warming phenomenon that certain people don't want to believe in.  It doesn't mean it is going to be warmer in any given place, it means the weather patterns are affected and changed, but we'll see.  Under Trump, I have been consistently wrong, so I am sure it will turn out to be the cows farting too much or something else at fault, certainly not us.

No comments:

Post a Comment