Thursday, June 7, 2018

6/7/18 Shhh, Quiet?

    Man, it is quiet normally without Wife, she is the talker, the storm that makes us jump up and do the stuff we're supposed to do, but after two years of her being gone all week, she comes in growling to do this and that, but she falls in line with the rest of us when she realizes how tired she is and it would be easier to retreat to our bedroom and watch TV and chill.  With school ending last week for Javalina, he decided to go with Mama and visit my folks for the week.  This leaves just me and Robot Boy to man the house.  His job is keeping his ass busy, typically gets up and heads out by 8:00am and then gets home around 5:30-6:00pm.  First thing he does is go dives under his blankets for an afternoon nap.
    That leaves me alone all day, which is fine because I am asleep, but I liked waking up and eating with Javalina after school, he is just a little demanding, knows how to get me to go eat here and there (he does prefer Whataburger too much, but that's OK), and adds just the right amount of conversation.  We all like our computer time nowadays.
    With my long shifts though, a workweek passes by quickly.  It is already Thursday, I will go home, eat some cereal, wake, eat something, and come in for my last night of the week.  Wife should be back with my young pain in the butt on Friday, hopefully at a decent hour.  I think we have dug ourselves out of that hole that we were in when we lost our renters.  At least I am not panicking anymore.  I paid off Lowe's with some OT from a couple weeks ago and there should be more to pay off the tires I put on Boy's SUV this week, although Wife's SUV also needs tires.  They might be pricier than I thought because they are so sporty and even though it is a tiny KIA Soul, she's rolling on 18s with skinny sidewalls, IDK.  But I looked and the Michelins were like $250, Pirelli is a good brand too, and they were only $160 a tire, so I may go that route.  Last week she was at 59, 800miles, which means she is averaging about 30,000 miles a year, not bad, considering she makes the trip up here every week, sometimes a few times a week.
    I guess I still wouldn't mind new renters, my family for all their lamenting about how they can't visit because there is no room, are just so full of crap.  I am hearing nothing but crickets, nobody is calling that they are on their way to visit and we have had two empty bedrooms for a couple months now, each with its own King bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment