Saturday, June 30, 2018

6/29/18 Staycation Seems Nice, For Now?

    Wife, as always, has a fire under her ass and had to get up early for a meeting at 7:00am.  Since we are not going anywhere, I have the weekend to decide if I am still going to take next week off.  I feel like taking the week off and relaxing will do me good, but I am also the kind that gets bored sitting around doing nothing.
    Javalina seems to know that since we are not going anywhere, it would be fun to still piss a bunch of money on him.  His TV has suddenly become questionable.  It has been turning on without turning on.  You can make out words on the screen, but it is like the bulb is super dim.  The first time it happened, I assumed he had been playing games on it for awhile, so I told him to let it rest while I showered and it worked.  Last night, he said he hadn't used it all day and it didn't want to work, so I don't know, maybe we'll be shopping for a new television, I know he wants a big 60incher, like his bro bro.
    Anyways, Wife was out there taking care of business, I jokingly told her to go get us some Round Rock Donuts since she was going to be out there so early.  She managed to not only come home with the donuts, but she said she also ran and got herself a oil change.  That seemed like a good idea and since I am about to go get her new tires, I suggested she also replace her cracked windshield.  She's been hesitant to do it while she is still working down there because she just feels another truck will crack it again.  At least since we are not spending all of our savings on the trip we were supposed to be on, if she manages to interview and land a job back there, she will have the funds to do it right away.  The longer we have that little "buttplug" of a car, the more I like it.
    Staying home without an agenda finally gave us time to clean up the yard, at least in the front.  Wife cut the grass, while I worked the trimmer.  The biggest accomplishment yesterday was tearing out a dead tree right in the middle of our lawn.  It was planted as a new tree but it never took.  Since I had not ripped it out, it had smaller branches from the bottom that we just ignored.  These made the stump act like it was alive and the roots would not give up.  The tree came right out, I pushed it forward and backward and the tree snapped near the bottom.
    There was probably two feet of tree left, I thought a strong rope and a little power from the excursion would get it,  but my straps snapped.  I then took out my Dewalt rough cut saw and used it to cut through some of the roots and vines all in the ground.  I honestly had to come back in and out of the house about 3-4 times, it was so hot.  Finally, Javalina helped me a bit and he even volunteered to make the hole bigger to plant the new tree.  The new tree is a Magnolia tree with big beautiful rubbery leaves.  I just hope it can work in the soil we planted it in.  If it works out, it will surely be on f the prettiest trees in the neighborhood, so let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment