Monday, June 25, 2018

6/25/18 Build-up Is Part Of The Fun Of A Good Vacation?

    We have been making slow and small preparations for our trip next week.  Some of those being, for example, this week I have already asked if I can work day shift.  This is good for a few reasons.  First, selfishly, it allows me a week to flip myself over and be awake when the rest of the world is awake.  Personally, I love my own schedule, I hate being one with the masses, but since we are on vacation together, I must participate, as best I can.  For work, there are some things I still need to learn and it just seems I could learn it quicker by being exposed to the ongoing activities during the day.
    We already went shopping, I got Javalina some new shirts, he is insisting on only wearing Affliction which are not cheap, but it gives him a bit of a grown up look.  I got a couple new shirts too and Wife went and looked, not sure how far she got.  Boy got a few new shirts since we were shopping yesterday, but he isn't even going with us.  His internship has a big goal to meet the week of 4th of July, so he says that he needs to be around that week.  I want to argue with him, but I must also accept that he is becoming a grown up and maybe he doesn't want to go on this particular family trip.
    Another particular reason to be excited for this trip is to look at the weather.  We are traveling pretty much straight up the US, it has to be cooler.  I just looked and for example, right now it says high of 82, low of 70 with 40% chance of showers for 4th of July.  It seems that most of the week, the weather will be in the low 80's during the day followed by low 70's at night.  I know going to Florida we would be looking at similar weather to Texas with 100% humidity and temps in the 80s to 90s.
    Another thing I like is breaking out the bags for the clothes, I have been buying us new luggage the last couple of years and although I wanted quality that would last a long time, Wife decided on Star Wars.  It is cute and maybe a little cool, but I doubt it will last us 10-15 years like my Victorinox stuff.  Either way, it is cool to break it out, clean it of dust and fill it up for the coming trip.  I would actually have liked to have broken in a new set of Crocs, I am thinking my foot problems can all be blamed on those shoes as I have now been wearing the same set for way too long, but I digress.  Maybe the Mall of America will have a proper solution.
    The last thing is to get some cash and fill up the wallet.  I rarely carry cash, but when you go out of town, not all places accept the bank card and I don't trust all places to just give my card to some small town local yokel.  Since we are going with our in-laws, I don't have to worry about my vehicles being road worthy.  They have rented a large van for all of us to travel together.

No comments:

Post a Comment