Wednesday, June 27, 2018

6/26/18 One Loose Screw On A perfectly Running Machine?

    We run almost in perfect sync.  To keep up our crazy pace with Wife working and coming and going three hours away, me working nights, Boy working his full time thing downtown and Javalina currently enjoying his summer break requires us to be on top of our shit.  Even parking in our driveway, we must do it a certain way.  If Boy comes in sloppy and parks behind Wife, then when she is trying to leave at 4:30 in the morning on Mondays, she has to scamper back in move Boy's car to the street, bring the keys back in, then leave.
    Yesterday choreography needed to be even tighter and without bullshit as I was trying to come to dayshift and train while flipping myself over to being awake during the day.  Of course, this is when Boy is going to bend over to tie his shoelaces as we are all running around on ice skates and he brought the whole thing down.  Things were going well enough, I got up at 3:20am to pee, Wife got up at 3:30am, I can't try to slow her down and shower, so I decided to go eat something while she showered, I then came up showered, walked her out to the car, and said goodbye.  All my dancing around, I still didn't get to work until almost 6:00am.  This was fine, Wife got to work right before 8:00am, I hung out all day at work as I was supposed to.  I didn't take lunch until almost 3:00pm and at night I like taking a 20-30 minute nap, during the day, that turned into an hour nap, but fine, I just decided I would stay until 7:00 to make up for the long lunch.
    I was here until 7:30pm, lining up what I was going to do in the morning, fill up both tools before everyone showed up, really kick some butt.  Right before I left, Boy calls me that I need to take him to the doctor.  I fucking got pissed.  Why?!?!  Why are you waiting until the end of the day to decide this? What is wrong with you?  Apparently, he claims to have had a headache for almost two weeks.  I said it's because you don't fucking listen and you're up every night until 2-3 playing games or fucking around on the phone.  GRRRRRR!!!!
    I get home, don't even get a chance to pee, and we are back out the door.  CVS is closed, but this was going to be of no use.  We then headed to Austin Regional Clinic and he starts spouting off symptoms he hadn't mentioned to us like concentrated pain in the middle of the back, light changes making him dizzy, along with the headaches and muscle soreness around the shoulders and the doctor could only conclude possible meningitis.  This now required a certain sense of emergency and he sent us down to St.David's, with the fucking unwashed masses who always seem to be there.  We got in fairly quickly, maybe 20 minutes.  It was about 9:30 when we got there.  On the way, Boy called Wife and mentioned meningitis, well that got her panicked and she basically just jumped in her car and headed up here.  I told her not to, but you can't stop Mama Bear once one of her cubs is in danger.  She was at the hospital by 12:15am or so.
    Boy had a Cat scan to rule out tumors in his head, and then a spinal tap.  The meningitis scare turned out to be nothing.  The E/R doctor concluded that he must have a viral infection which will ride itself out in 3-4 days, and he needed to rest more, stay off the video games.  I chimed in with "sounds like what daddy said at the start of the night."  Boy was still being an arrogant little shit, like I was wrong.  It will be awesome to get these bills Cat scans aren't free, for the middle income people.  It is probably my fault for telling my dad a day earlier that "yeah, we are finally getting some breathing room financially."
    But as far as chronologically goes, we then stopped and ate like at 3:30am at Whataburger, FYI, bums are there day and night.  We didn't get in bed until around 5:00am.  So much for me working days.

No comments:

Post a Comment