Sunday, June 24, 2018

6/24/18 We Living Today?

    Man, today was a pretty long but nice day.  I went to bed last night after 3:30am because my folks arrived around 9:00pm after running around making their old people doctor visits during the day.  We sat and said hi and within another hour or so, my sister and her family showed up.  We then stayed up catching up with my sister and hubby fir a good while.  We discussed going to eat at the Brazilian Steakhouse and at what time would be best.  Wife suggested for lunch, as it would be cheaper and my dad wouldn't have the excuse that dinner is too late, causing him to skip out and not join the family, it must suck living life by that daily glucose count (but writing this Sunday morning, he was happy with an 88).
    After we all agreed for lunch around 1:00pm, we went off to our respective bedrooms.  Wife had suggested I needed a haircut, so I went and took care of that.  By the time I knew it, it was 3:30am and I had a fleeting thought of humping, but Wife was in dead sleep, my groping was useless, so I went to sleep.  I don't know why but I was up at 6:59am, and decided to go downstairs to write my Saturday blog.  Once people started waking it took that much longer as I kept getting distracted, my Dad even managed to pull me into watching soccer for about half an hour, Mexico Vs. Korea, which I don't particularly care for the sport, but it was fun.
    My idea of writing, going back to bed and waking at noon quickly disappeared as everyone woke up.  I was barely able to write the half-ass blog yesterday before they were talking about showering and stuff.  Lunch did not disappoint, even if it is not with all the fanfare of the dinner menu, they have added to the salad bar a "hot bar" and there were steamed vegetables, bowtie pasta, and various soups.  The salad bar seemed to have more cheeses and god's gift to the world, bacon.  That bacon went down so good sprinkled in large gobs over my salad.
    While we ate, I had the bright idea to suggest going to the Domain, my sister kept talking about a Tiffani's bracelet.  Honestly, I was not impressed, worse that she started suggesting I get the matching necklace.  I hightailed it out of there to my favorite Domain store, Ben Bridge.  The Ben Bridge there just specializes in watches, they have a massive display for Rolex, huge area for Cartier, then they still have Breitling, Panerai, Baume & Mercier, IWC, Raymond Weil, Tudor, and Tag Heuer.
    We paid for this the rest of the day, walking in the heat.  I felt thoroughly defeated and sweaty, not to mention the smell of meat sweating off of me and that I only slept 3-4 hours.  I felt like a zombie with my legs hurting from the walking.  We came home around 7:00pm, I just dove into bed, but I could not get comfortable, I was holding on to too much heat.  I jumped in the shower and that helped, I slept until almost 10:00pm.  I came down to try and conversate but I still just fell asleep on the chair with everyone around me, it would be embarrassing if it wasn't a regular thing.
    I still consider it a successful day.  Boy had plans to play Dungeons and Dragons Saturday evening and he was able to.  He had a full pool table's worth of orcs and elves (or whatever), they ordered their pizzas, my folks went shopping with my sister, we got a couple of shirts for our trip next weekend, and again, we didn't argue much, it is becoming normal, to be civil.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment