Tuesday, June 5, 2018

6/5/18 Looks Like I Have A Dietician In The House?

    Ever since Boy started dating, GF has been in Shock and Awe at how we eat.  She is your standard sized girl, close to 110-120, I am sure, and not trying to be rude or anything, but she keeps harping on our food.  Last night she was concerned about my foot and we discussed it and the possibility of having gout.  She poked and prodded and stretched and came to the conclusion that she did not think it was gout because she was able to touch it and I didn't cry in pain.  I told her I was on the second week of pain and I thought it was.  I can move the toe, so I don't believe it is broke.  She then asked about my diet and I told her all the take out, and she could have had a panic attack.  I told her that is why I started eating so much of the frozen fish, I thought it would be better than take out, she just offered to prepare meals for me and Javalina, if it would help.
    I joked if she had a problem with fat people, "are you going to fix me?"  She assured me she was just trying to help me.  I am willing to try anything, especially if you can prove to me it is a cheaper way to eat and healthier to boot.  Boy is very skinny but again, he does not eat better than us, he is just lucky because of his genetics.  He keeps tubs of all sorts of candies in his room, even gives me some from time to time after he gets tired of some.  That makes her shudder too.  Her big thing is she used to watch her grandpa who was diabetic and says that right now if I can prevent becoming diabetic, I should do everything in my power.  I tell her I understand, I just don't have the energy to work, and workout, and make perfect little meals.  I just eat whatever and move along.  Truth be told, it is probably this twelve hour shift that is killing me slowly, but I don't want to work more days, I could do 4 tens, meaning working Monday through Thursday nights, on 10 hour shifts.  Two more hours for me a day would be nice, but I am worried, maybe after Wife's next raise, because I would lose money doing this.
    As far as my toe, it is still hurting, I want to think it is hurting as much as it is because I have been on my feet all night, but who knows.  I am avoiding sodas this week, if the pain doesn't go away, maybe I'll go to the doc next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment