Friday, June 15, 2018

6/15/18 It's A Damn Shame Someone Had To Get Hurt?

    I know it sucks for our coworker who has been out for a few weeks out now, but I am finally seeing some fruits of her lack of labor, if you will.  She went to a dance, for another coworker's kid who got married and somehow or other, she took a spill which broke some bones on her foot.  The best course of medicine has been for her to stay off her feet for a while, sounds like the 3rd of July is when she might be released to come back to work.
    I don't know if their workload had not picked up significantly or what, but everything was quiet until this week, when I started hearing I might be needed to help soften the load on the one remaining person doing TEM.  I checked in with her and she said she had about six jobs and I looked at them tonight and of the 6 jobs or so, one has 8 samples and the other has 9 samples, so that is a bunch of work, when best we can do is pump out two or three of these a night, specially because I am rusty.
    When things go bad, they really go bad.  Not only is she out, but in our section over in chemistry this week, we had my trainer going off on a week off and my old workout partner taking the last two days of the week off, and our tool is still being worked on.  We have two identical tools for analysis in the room, but one is ours and the other belongs to Cypress.  Since they don't have a night shift, I have been able to do most of our work on their tool.
    Tonight, I got the call from my old supervisor to come in and do some TEM work, but my new supervisor also said we had some HOT work that it would be great if I could take care of if not tonight, then tomorrow night.  So it is going to make for a great looking check, for once, I should have a good two extra days on my next check.  I am quite excited as this should be enough to pay off Target or the Mattresses we had bought.  My goal for the summer was to pay off those two, Lowe's, which I already did.  This will leave Best Buy next, and it would look great if not for Boy needing a new laptop, at $1800, Dillard's which I plan to pay with some money Boy is due to give us.
    The biggest fear we have right now is IRS sent us a letter that we owe them another $1800.  We have an appointment with H&R Block because we have been paying for their annual protection, and now we need for them to stand in front of us and take 1 for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment