Wednesday, June 20, 2018

6/20/2018 Weird Vacation Coming Up?

    We will be going on vacation in a couple weeks and although it is not my idea of the kind of vacation I would take, I am a little interested, because why not?  The trip started as a visit to my father in law's brother, who is being vague about maybe he is sick or just becoming a total recluse.  This alone would make me tell Wife, "Uhh, why don't you go with your family and I'll bite the bullet, stay behind and work?"  I really did want to do this because I don't like to face the sick, it gives me the heebie jeebies.
    Wife has assured me the trip is not about just visiting him.  My in-laws want to see some of this great country of ours.  Getting out of our comfort zone, I am half expecting one of those awesome encounters with "ig'nant" people screaming "get out of here Mexicans!"  If we manage to avoid that, it should be a great trip.  My father in law has rented a twelve passenger van and only about seven of us are going.  Even Boy is staying behind, 4th of July is his due date for whatever project they have been working on at the place where he is doing his internship.
    I really want to go to Mall of America, hearing it is the largest in the US just makes it something I need to check out.  This is in Minnesota, and my in-laws want to go to watch the president's heads on the mountain, possibly the black hills.  Wife said something about going to Chicago since it was within driving distance.  I would like to taste a Chicago style pizza in Chicago and whatever else they think they are good at.
    The weather is supposed to be something else too.  Cool enough in the evenings to need a sweater just sounds magical to me.  This is totally different than vacationing in Florida, but I guess doing it one time won't kill us.  As soon as we are better with our credit debt, I want to head back to Florida, even with it's humidity, I love going and doing the Disney and parks thing.  This'll be the last weekend I have to run to the mall and get me a couple new shirts and maybe some shorts.
    Next week I need to try and work days so I can attempt to flip my internal clock and be up during the days.  I hate doing it, but whatever, to appease my loving Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment