Sunday, January 1, 2017

1/1/17 Partying On New Year's Eve?

    Happy New Years!!!  So far, so good.  2017 has started off better for me and my wallet.  Usually, I am the one charged with buying fireworks since my boys go crazy for them.  Tonight was a little different, we got together with Wife's family at her brother's house.  He just got a new house in the same neighborhood as my in-law's, probably two or three blocks away a couple months ago.  The house itself is looking very nice, when we first saw it a couple months ago it needed new floors and/or carpeting.  They got a cousin to work on it and the staircase looks brand new covered in wood, the front formal living/dining area are covered in wood too, as well as a large part of the family room.  Upstairs, new carpeting was installed in all the bedrooms, and I am guessing the whole house was repainted inside.
    As far as the party goes, it was a little weird in that I don't normally like visiting with people outside of my small circle, but I got dragged in almost to the center of the party, as they say.  I am comfortable enough with my immediate in-laws, but the party was also filled with my brother in-law's wife's sisters and their husbands/boyfriends.  She has about four sisters and each one had a man/family to add to the party.  One of the guys was an old friend of mine, not real close but he is one of the guys that got me driving the bus at the junior college, and we were even together the night we crashed in another friend's car.  It was good catching up with him and I got to recount my story about my injury to my leg a couple times with pics which people seem to like to be grossed out and are then surprised that I am not diabetic and that I didn't lose my leg.
    Boy pretty much sat with me outside in the patio all night as the guys talked and slowly the women joined in.  Wife, came and went a couple of times, adding to my stories and included some of her own.  It was one of the first times being around new people where I felt pretty good and secure that people were laughing at my jokes and I didn't feel like I had to do too much.  This old friend does pretty well for himself, and he had already bought a bunch of fireworks which were piled up in the patio.  I wasn't going to do much to change the outcome of the fireworks display, and Boy didn't seem like he wanted to go get any.  Chubs spent the whole time running around with the younger cousins and kids.  When he came by my side to pop some fireworks, he was drenched in sweat.  I was able to save him from looking like a wimp by doing a little yelling.  Some of the older kids were lighting black cats and flinging them from their fingers.  He did it once, and I got nervous, but I noticed he was taking a long time to repeat it, so I told him to cut it out, I don't usually let you do that.  That was enough for him to put down the punk, he got a little scared too as the black cat stuck to his fingers a bit.  My brother in law's two middle kids were doing the same thing and the smaller one is in 1st or 2nd grade, I asked my brother in law if that was ok, he yelled at the little one to stop it, then mama came out and told the other one to stop doing that.  I smiled and told her, the younger one was doing that a while ago too. 
    We all went inside about ten minutes until midnight because you can't trust a beaner and New Year's... guns have to be shot up at the sky.  We know from experience that idiots shoot their guns mostly up and what goes up, must come down.  We brought the new year in with a little champagne and black eyed peas, for good luck.  Everyone was hugged, my folks were called, and then it was time to drive back to Austin, glad Wife doesn't mind doing that.  Hoping everyone has an awesome new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment