Thursday, January 5, 2017

1/5/17 Why Couldn't Chubs Get Sick Last Week?

    I hate it when people around me get sick.  I have to put myself at risk of getting sick or look like a selfish asshole who only cares about me.  Last week, my folks were supposed to come visit for a few days between Christmas and New Year's and all seemed well, until my Mom woke up sick.  I can handle allergies or a little sniffling, but she sounded like she was on her last legs and then a couple days later she told me Dad had fallen to the same cold/flu.  I couldn't help but put them in a proverbial canoe and kick them out into the ocean.  I know it is cold, but I have enough problems with my leg and my tiredness and my low T.  I checked in on them a couple times by phone, but I certainly didn't plan on getting myself sick voluntarily.
    No good plan goes unpunished, Chubs still woke up sick yesterday, Tuesday morning.  This sucks because he is supposed to go to school Wednesday morning but he was hot and looking like shit.  I feel bad for him, but again, bring the canoe, I don't want to hug him or anything, lest I get sick too.  I know my dick behavior will just be punished by having me get sick too.  I have two more nights to work this week at this point, if I am going to get sick, it would be great if it would coincide with my weekend, as I hate having to miss work because I am sick.
    If I think about it, I guess it was shitty to not see my folks during the break, but the plans were there.  The worst part was that we ended up driving rather close to their house when we went and dropped off the boat at Wife's cousin's house.  We were probably a half hour from their house, but I wasn't in the right mindset.  I had been overwhelmed by the idea of driving with the boat, pretty sure it was going to have a flat tire or a wheel would just fall off.  I drove it as stressed as I have in a long time, luckily it gave us no problems.  When we got it off, I just wanted to go to sleep and head back home.
    Anyways, best I could do for Chubs yesterday was to get him some medicine, I personally like Nyquil cause it knocks you out.  I probably have to go get him some Gatorades today if he continues sick and I guess he will get to stay home an extra day.  If he had gotten sick last week, Mama would have been here to handle him, with soups and love.  I'm just telling him to shower from across the room and to go lay down in his room, with a hearty shoo.  I don't need him coughing in my bed.  I guess I signed up for this.  Poor me, waah.

No comments:

Post a Comment