Monday, January 2, 2017

1/2/17 Hung Over Without The Alcohol?

    Yesterday did not end until 6:00am for us last night.  We got back late from San Antonio and then I wrote my blog while Chubs made some quesadillas because he did not eat, according to him.  This morning I jokingly accused him of finishing the tortillas making quesadillas and he didn't know what I was talking about.  He must have been in a fog about being awake and asleep as it took him awhile to do the "oh yeah, I did eat."
    I wanted to get up around noon, but there was no way.  I ended up waking up at 3:00pm and I just sat on the edge of the bed deciding whether to get up or not for another twenty minutes.  Since we did not have an agenda, I came downstairs, Wife offered to heat up brisket that our in-laws gave us from the night before.  This was when I was teasing Chubs about eating all the tortillas, we could only make two tacos apiece.
    Not having anything better to do, I stayed on the laptop at the kitchen table and kept watching funny short videos or vines.  Funny phrases from Friday kept popping up and they reminded me that I had been wanting to re-watch Friday with Chubs.  Just as I thought, Chubs loved the humor, and he absolutely loved the Chris Tucker character, Smokey.  Not having anything to do, we also watched Friday After Next, which Chubs hesitated on because it was missing Smokey.  I saw about half of it and then fell asleep.  I woke up about 9:00pm, a little confused so I took a shower and pooped.
    Wife ordered pizza and we had dinner around 10:00pm.  Even though we got up late in the day, the day still has seemed very long.  It is about 1:00am now and the best thing we have done is start watching People Of Earth.  It is a comedy show on TBS about a small group of people in a small town dealing with being abducted by aliens.
    It will take a couple weeks to get back to normal, but at least most of the clothes has been washed, I need to iron a couple of Chub's green shirts for school.  I then plan to start throwing away all the Christmas foods that we bought and have been slowly eating this week. 
    Wife leaves back to her job tomorrow afternoon, she chose to stay an extra day since the boys and myself are off.  It will be two and a half months before we come up to Spring Break which seems far away right now.  There are a couple days somewhere around Easter, but this job is not like in Bastrop where she got her summer's off.  There don't seem to be a lot of opportunities where she will be here with us for any extended periods.
    This is what we signed up for.  At some point I'll make time and put away the tree and the decorations, make the house look normal again.  It would also be nice if in the next week or two, we get our solar panels approved by the city and we start using them to provide our own power.

No comments:

Post a Comment