Saturday, December 31, 2016

12/31/16 New Year's Resolutions For 2017?

    It looks like 2016 can't end fast enough for celebrities who are falling by the wayside.  It was a shock to hear of George Michael who was relatively young and last I saw him, still looked very handsome.  Then the big shocker of Princess Leia passing was almost unbelievable, followed very sadly by her mom, Debbie Reynolds.  They weren't the only ones, this past year saw a bunch of celebrities passing away.  It was also one of my shittier years at work, hardly any OT, my hours were reduced, and it ended by me making a crazy jump into another department, hoping for better in the future.  There was also the two sided coin of Wife getting a great promotion, but living three hours away during the week.
    Hopefully, 2017 will be much better.  I am hoping to take off once I finish my training in any OT opportunities that come up.  There was also the idea proposed by our boss of a raise and/or a bonus of some kind.  Wife will be trying to request a raise since the job presented to her initially is vastly different and instead of being in charge of one thing, she is heading like fourteen departments.  If they can't come up with a little more money, she will begin looking for jobs closer to home.  We are both good with the idea provided we are getting compensated appropriately.
    Some lighter things to improve upon for the new year is putting the phone down and resuming my reading schedule.  By focusing and making a list of books, I managed to read twelve books in 2015.  I noticed that most of my free time in the past few months has been wasted maneuvering through a handful of application sites looking at half naked girls, well some of them are crazy enough to show everything for free.
    The next thing to do is finish healing of my leg, seriously, this nothing injury is going to cost me over $1000, and like six months of half mobility.  I've been in the gym all year, but I admittedly, use the leg as an excuse when I should be pushing myself to get to the next level. 
    What else can I say?  Even a bad year like this one is not bad enough to make me get down, it was still ok.  We went to Florida, we got rid of our timeshare we weren't using, Wife got her new job, Boy moved back home and continues to go to school at Texas State Univ.  Chubs has been doing very well in his new school.  We got bonuses, so work is as far as I know, looking up.
    All we can do is be glad we are still around, reset the clock for another year and do what we do.  I feel pretty good about this coming year, I already promised Wife no new purchases, so my Rolex collection will have to wait until at least 2018.  If anything, maybe I can still make 2017 nice with a new Hobie Kayak.  There are other things to get that don't cost so much I need her permission to buy.
    Have a Happy New Year everyone, thanks for reading my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment