Tuesday, January 17, 2017

1/17/17 Help, Mama, Or I Got It?

    Wife makes life so much easier when it comes to the boys.  For starters, she pays attention to the hundreds of e-mails the school likes to send, seriously, can they back the fuck off, for a bit.  We get reminders that they have homework, we get reminders of the whole class is above 96.5% attendance so they can wear jeans on Friday.  We get notices if they are passing at the end of the week, every week.  I can get three e-mails from the school on any given day, and I'm sorry, I'll open one and maybe two, but if you are going to crank it up and send a constant stream of information, I won't keep track of it, because at some point, it becomes bullshit.
    Luckily, Wife treats everything relating to school like a commandment from God himself, this last one was a simple one, get cardstock and bring it in.  Since we barely left the house, we didn't buy it until Monday afternoon, since it was a holiday for Martin Luther King, we bought it and then went to eat at Whataburger, I'm sure it's the burger MLK would have celebrated with.  The only problem with this is Wife was to leave immediately after we ate, so we came home and I cleaned her windows, mostly because she got off like the big dog she is and half-assed cleaning her windows.  I was sitting inside chuckling at the one handed attempt with the squeegee.  Since she was going to drive through potentially shitty weather I then cleaned them at home before she left, so she wouldn't be streaky and have a hard time seeing.
    Five minutes later she left, and took with her the important cardboard stock that was meant for class.  I then had a couple of choices, act like I don't know nothing, run in the morning and buy a new package, run during lunch to Walmart and all the nighttime weirdos, or let Chubs wait and suffer a day.  Since we didn't have much work, I decided to run in there on my way back to work at midnight and buy him his stuff.  Even simple things like this become hard when you have to decide what color to go with.  It was either pastels, or different tones of brown paper bag colors, or patterned paper.  I was finally able to find one package of primary color paper, much smaller than what Wife got.  This package had like 30 or 50 sheets.  The big book Wife got had to have been like $20 because it weighed like ten pounds.  I am sure the smaller package I got is enough, if not, he can wait until Wife shows up and he can take the bigger pack next week.
    I hate taking care of little bullshit things like this.  Last night on my way to work, I realized there wasn't much in the fridge for breakfast.  I gave Boy $20 and told him to go to Target and buy some stuff.  I can't see that he bought much, other than a half gallon of milk, and a couple of tubes of Pringles.  Oh well, I'll figure something out for Chubs and probably end up going to the store this afternoon.  If you want something done right, do it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment