Wednesday, January 25, 2017

1/25/17 Disparity In Trump And His Supporters?

    Over the weekend I read an interesting story of a guy who had worked hard to help get Trump elected.  He was in one of the important states, election wise, and he was in charge of organizing the Republican party in his area.  As a reward for a job well done, he was invited to the Inauguration on Friday.  The sad part of the story was that he was relying and discussing with his mom about renting a tuxedo, which was going to be $100, then the ticket was going to be another $100, and a bus ticket was going to be another $50.  He mentioned what about lunch, at which point one of his buddies said we can pack sandwiches.  Listening to this part, the real part of the story, I was left thinking, what do you get out of this president that you felt like you needed to reach out like he was a friend in need?  Trump is a billionaire, much like all the other rich out of reach millionaires that take public office, Joe Six Pack will never be a friend to those elitists, yet Mr. Rich Guy doesn't get in without the Simpleton vote.
    It reminds me of this guy I know.  He doesn't have two nickels to rub together, yet he is ecstatic that Trump won, he is going to bring jobs back.  I don't understand what that means, I have a good job for over twenty years, one of my brothers is a lawyer, he has a good job, even my sister has pushed herself to become a Principal, which is very demanding, but again, a great job.  Wife got her master's degree and it took awhile, but she never gave up, and now she is on a good path, even if we are sacrificing being together during the week, for now.  Good jobs have been here all along, you just need to show some focus, get some schooling and get involved.  My job wasn't given to me because I'm a good old boy and I deserved it.  I worked my ass off, I switched to nights, I moved and stayed in a big city.  Trump is not making this a country of opportunity, this has always been a country of opportunity, for the people that can manage to get off their asses.
    I find it odd, that poor people are lining up for Trump, like he is going to do them a favor somehow, kind of like how Obama was going to make things right for all black people, as we saw in so many youtube videos, but why?  The poor always seem to line up with the conservative right, for some reason, at least under the Bush combos, they used religion and I could see the scam there, but Trump never wasted any energy bringing up going to church on Sundays.  I don't know and that is not my point, whether Trump is religious or not, but I want to know why the poorest people line up and support the Republican Party when they are so obviously not your friend.  When you are unemployed, who makes sure you at least get that check from Uncle Sam so you don't starve?  The Democratic Party.  Sure, there is abuse, but you honest people only take from Uncle Sam when you need it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment