Tuesday, January 3, 2017

1/3/17 Just Like That, Did We Have A Break?

    What happened to all that rest I thought I would accumulate over the holidays?  Monday morning woke me with a swift kick to the gonads.  I had my weekly appointment which I got up for with plenty of time, but then I fell asleep since I wasn't waking up Chubs like I usually do, which made me almost late.  I was really hoping that I would be another centimeter closed or maybe even more, but instead, the measurements didn't show much of an improvement.  I was told that changing to the new collagen would have a delay then it would take off and close the wound pretty fast.  I also had it in my head just as a personal goal to be done with all this crap by the end of the year.  Nope, good old doctor tells me I'll need to lose 50-70 pounds to help the wound to heal, which you know is easy to do.  I just decided to go to bed, which Wife was still there, but I didn't want to bother her much.  She then woke at 1:00pm and started her passive aggressively making noise in the bedroom to wake me, not that my alarm wouldn't wake me at 2:30pm and/or 3:00pm.  When Mama gots to go, Mama gots to go.  I eventually woke up, feeling pretty shitty at 2:30pm, washed my face, and went out with Wife and Chubs to have our regular "last meal" before she hot foots it out of town.  I want my woman back in town, I hate being Mr. Mom.  She is so much better at it.  She asked me what the boys ate for dinner, and I honestly answered "I hadn't even thought about it, but there ain't shit in the fridge."  Dammit, gotta go get some groceries tomorrow.
    We ate at Zaxby's, which I still can't get enough of, but I did go with their cobb salad, at 800 calories, and washed it down with a zero calorie orange PowerAde.  I like how the skinny jerk-offs like to say "the only people that drink diet sodas are fat people."  No shit, Sherlock, why would a skinny person drink it, they're not as good as the real thing?
    Just to make it a little more fun, Chubs finally remembered he had a huge Math homework compilation thing to do with like 37 problems covering the whole semester.  Wife is gone, I have an hour to poop, shower, and get to work, see where I fit in this homework.  My lunch hour at 10:30pm was then reviewing and trying to figure out what half these problems were looking for in their answers.  I told Chubs to just do about twenty, but once I get going, I can't stop.  We went through and did all the problems, it got better as we went along.  We ordered pizza sunday night, and there were a few slices left, which the boys ate, so nobody starved.
    The only good thing I can say about my first day back to work is that nobody was here during the day, so nothing got done.  Chemistry had the tool off and I haven't gone through and turned it on from a cold start, so I wasn't going to try, and the imaging tool looked like it was down for a source change, which is done by the people who sold us the tool, so I get to kind of take it easy, workwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment