Sunday, January 29, 2017

1/29/17 Niece's 13th Birthday?

    Saturday was a busy day.  My day started at 9:00am.  My plan was to get up early and wash my truck since I hadn't in over a month when my yearly membership ended.  The part that was going to suck was that the temperature was around 40 degrees in the morning.  Wife did not want to be bothered, her plan was to sleep until 10:30, then get up and get dressed.  I decided to bother her anyway for some good old fashioned loving and five minutes later it was still just as cold.  I remembered I had a card from the car wash place for some free washes which were meant for Wife or Boy.  I headed down there and got my truck washed while I waited inside and played on my phone.
    I came home, showered, and we were on the road around noon.  We drove until we got to this new gas station Wife has been raving about.  She mentions the tacos all the time and man!, it did not disappoint.  The barbacoa was delicious in a homemade tortilla, the brisket had that charred black outside but perfectly tasting, with the hot sauce only making it better.  I was surprised even the sausage was excellent.  This gas station is slightly south of Von Ormy, on I-35.
    After enjoying the tacos, we got back on the road, I managed to drive all the way without getting sleepy, so that was a win for me, considering, all the sleepiness I have been experiencing lately.  We got to Crystal just as the party was starting, and we headed straight to the destination.  I spent most of my time talking with my brother outside, saying hi to various guests who showed up a little late.  Wife spent most of her time talking to one of her old best friends from junior high.  Chubs spent his time playing and running around with his younger cousins.
    The party was Mexican themed and they served tamales, mole, rice, and beans, and nachos.  After the party finished, we stayed behind as usual, and cleaned.  We then took the 2 birthday cakes that were left over to my Mom's house and had some coffee with a slice of cake.  We sat and talked for awhile until  I pushed my mom's buttons with my atheist rants.  We hit the road but I managed to only drive past La Pryor.  Wife then drove while I took a nap.  Wife woke me when we arrived at same gas station.  Incidentally, she gave me the keys while I was more asleep than awake, and she ran into the bathroom.  I stayed behind to fill the gas tank, and wait for Chubs to wake up and put his shoes on.  I locked the truck and then Wife told me that she did not have the keys.  Luckily, we had just gone through the exercise with the pizza guy last week and I quickly looked for the code amongst my thousands of pics.  I found it, and was able to avoid a costly call to a locksmith.  We got to the gas station a little too late, they had just closed the taco hut, so we just got burritos and other crap and ate at one of their tables.  We managed to get to the house by about 12:30am, a little late, but happy to get home and sleep in our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment