Monday, November 9, 2015

11/10/15 Back To Looking At Houses?

    This time around it is Wife's idea, not mine.  She is entertaining the idea of us moving.  Again.  I hate the thought of it, after all the hoopla last summer, but here we go again.  We are still having trouble refinancing, which is just so much crap.  We have never missed a payment or been late on the house payments in any way, yet because of our high credit debt, we are still a high risk, and so far, no luck refinancing.  We have our fingers crossed that this last place we found is going to work for us, but mister oh-so-friendly from the bank has stopped calling and was even cold and told Wife to talk to so and so next time.  Not sure if that is how they operate, or he knows something we don't.
    We appraised the house, it was OK, they said it is worth about what we thought, within $5000.  This means we should also be able to borrow some cash to pay off some debt, but we'll see.  If this falls apart, then we will probably be in move-out mode by the summer.  Our mortgage is just too high, for the house.  I don't know what Wife is thinking past her fantasy of us living in our RV.  I think she has seen too many episodes of tiny houses.  I could stand her for about a week in a tiny space, more than that and we risk having to put on boxing gloves.
    Her plan is actually staying in it while we pay off everything.  I tell her in a perfect world maybe we could do the RV thing, but we have two boys, I'm not going to live like that, if I don't have to.  I might entertain the idea if we buy a couple acres, set up RV, then go about building a new home onsite.  If I could see my new home going up, I might tolerate living like an animal for a couple months.
    She is really liking that Easton Place, which has broke ground, but has yet to build a house.  We stopped by at a trailer on site and talked to one of the salesmen.  He says their model homes should be built around March of next year.  I think that is a lot dragging butt, but we'll wait and see what the product looks like.  Another thing is that this place is not cheap, prices are starting in the mid $250's, and the guy was already talking of a price hike.  I am not going to give up my 4000sq ft for possibly 2000sq ft and a lower payment of a couple hundred bucks.  If I do give up my house, there has to be some good stuff laying about, a new Rolex, for instance, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment