Thursday, November 5, 2015

11/6/15 Why Isn't Life More Fluid?

    Here we go again, a bunch of rain is scheduled for tonight and into tomorrow.  Why don't we start figuring we are not machines, we can very easily say "tomorrow we stay home."  Wife was venturing out last Friday, headed to Bastrop.  She called me, "I have a bad feeling about today", I told her they give you ten days to take, come back home.  "No, I have a meeting to get to, it is a very busy day."  I said OK, you have made your choice, be careful, I love you.  Sure enough, the day turned to shit, she had a very hard time trying to get home as all the roads experienced some flooding, did her boss call her once? I mean in the morning it was soooo important to be there.  And No, generally bosses don't give two shits, other than do what I say when I need you.
    I work in town, I just have to get on 35 for a couple miles, most of my drive is on very new and flood safe roads, I assume.  They have never flooded before, but +12 inches of rain is a lot of water to absorb.  In the morning Wife should use that big thing that holds her hair in place and decide if it is raining, take a day.  It is two weeks until Thanksgiving, you have most of your days off still, take a day.  Sleep late, enjoy life, like many an unemployable.  Watch some crappy daytime tv.  I love an old saying that Adam Carolla said "I bring home the bacon, you bring home the Baco's."  We'll be fine if you relax and stay safe on one friday.
    Then there was Chubs, they had a tornado scare or something to that effect, that some schools were evacuated, while in his school, they sat them in the hallway and literally told them to try and shove their heads in their butts.  Why is this still a safe position?, and in this day and age with the growing girth of us americans, we need a new place to shove our heads, our asses are too far away, it's just a bridge too far.  Chubs said he was told to just sit indian style and stay low to the ground.  I say put a trash can on his bucket head, better than nothing, if things start flying around.  Better yet, he could've stayed home, again if the rules were more fluid.  Worse comes to worse, if kids are going to perish, better with their parents than alone at school.  I know that is a bit dramatic, but that is why they are lined up in the hallways, the walls are the best they can do without their parents there to hug them and tell them it'll be ok.  Idiots!!  Use the bad weather days, that is what they are for.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment