Tuesday, November 24, 2015

11/24/15 DMV Does Not Disappoint?

    Today was the day, according to Wife.  To make all the wrongs, right.  To dig deep into my belly and fix what has been broken for a millenia.  Wife insisted "daddy" is not comfortable driving around in my old truck without a title.  She made me go with her to the DMV to get the proper paperwork so we can finally get a new title so we can sign it and get it over to him, post haste.
    I am so accustomed to my routine, that even this seemed like a pain in the ass.  I have been to the DMV down south and it is tiny in there, but at least it is quick.  According to Wife, she was told she had to go to the DMV up in Round Rock, we went, took our number and sat and waited.  These phones do make that waiting much better.  Some of the people you encounter though, if they say they can't do something for you, then say thank you and move along, Wife.  Another clown left all his paperwork in his car, waits until he is called, then decides to get off the phone, tells guy working "I'll be back in 30 seconds" and runs out.  He sat there in front of us for twenty minutes doing nothing.  Wife was on verge of being rude.  She started this paper trail like six months ago, though.  She went to our DMV down south.  They told her to call our original lien holder, great except they don't exist anymore.  This she found out by spending time on the phone.  Eventually, they told her to come to that office, which we planned for today, mostly because she was off and could take me by force.  Title is under my name, so I had to be involved.  After we get called, the lady looks at her papers she has gathered and says "no, this is for a lost title, greater than 10 years, it needs to be done at the other office."  I just kinda smirked, I've not invested the time Wife has, she was ready to jump over the cubicle wall and start punching numbers into her computer.  I said "are you sure?"  I don't want to come back here.  She pulled out a bunch of forms saying we don't handle these, but this is the one you need to fill out.  I said OK, it was now very close to Chubs getting out of school, and we were way up north.  I drove like a bat out of hell, still, we were about five minutes late to get our beloved Chubadubba.
    I half jokingly told Wife "you wanna try our DMV again?  She said yes, but I am not talking to those incompetents... I said ughh, cause that means I have to.  She got in line, I filled some of the forms as best I could.  When I got up there, the chick took one look at my brown eyes and she was under my spell.  She even "Si, Papi" on one of my questions.  Wife interjected, because she can't control herself, and almost broke my Jedi mind lock I had on her.  I very calmly waved my hand at Wife, said ughhh, and got the girl on the forms again.  She consulted with her supervisor, winked, and said "just for you big guy..."  $33 later and wait two weeks for your copy of title in the mail.  I, of course have to give Wife a hard time about it.
    What happens is she saw a man of authority so she focused and did her best to make me, a man, happy.  You, a woman, the DMV will keep spinning like a top, but they know men in beards have places to go, things to take care of, so they put on their best face. Chubs usually gets confused and doesn't understand why I talk this way, so he defends mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment