Saturday, November 28, 2015

11/28/15 Black Friday Wasn't That Bad?

    I would rather not, but I did venture out during Black Friday.  Although we did not head into the eye of the storm, that being the mall, the big box stores were just pleasantly vibrant, not too crazy.  I was consigned to go to Home Depot to fix my garbage disposal which died in the great turkey war of 2015.  Wife fed it like a hungry 50cal rifle cleaning the landscape of enemy combatants.  There is very little Wife won't shove down there when she gets going in clean up mode.  But alas, it too is just metal casing and rubber gaskets, eventually it failed at the seams and its innards oozed out quietly into the cabinet below.
    Home Depot actually had more employees than normal, many wearing Santa hats, and there were donuts and coffee on a table coming into the store.  I felt like I wasn't Christmas shopping, so I didn't enjoy a donut although I really wanted one, and now that I think about it, I might go to Krispy Kreme.  It was nice, I went by myself, so I didn't feel Wife or the boys getting bored.  I looked at the trimmers for a long time, as I have decided to get one for my dad.  He tells me that he likes to putz around and trim the grass, but it hurts his shoulder to crank his gas powered trimmer.  I have had a battery powered one for a couple summers and I love it.  If there is a problem it is that the batteries don't last long enough.  My Mom says that he doesn't aim to finish trimming the whole house in one afternoon.  He does just enough that my brother-in-law's joke is that by the time he finishes the back, it is time to do it all over again.  My mom agreed that a battery option will save him from having to crank with his old man shoulders.
    We then went and bought Girlie lunch.  She is fortunate enough to work at a store, and they had early hours today.  She was whining on Snapchat about getting up early to wait for Black Friday shoppers that never came.  From there, we headed to Half Price Books, got my niece a book, I have been bothered since my mom mentioned that she is not a fan of reading.  Donkeys aren't fans of reading, she is one of us, she should be a full on nerd and over accomplishing by now.
    After spending time there, we ate at our very first In and Out Burger place.  Wow, it was a disappointment.  Adam Carolla has been saying it is one of the better fast food burger choices in California, and they seem full now that we have a few here.  We stopped today, and those burgers got nothing on Whataburger.  At least it didn't make me sick, it stayed in the belly while we went to Lowe's.  It was at Lowe's that I got my dad the trimmer, Wife called her mom and by chance said that my father-in-law could use a new trimmer too, so they get twin gifts.  On top of that, the trimmer comes with a blower to push all the cut debris away from sidewalks, stuff like that.  All this happened before 3:00pm and we did not see big crowds other than the overpass headed to the mall.  That looked scary, just glad we didn't need anything from mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment