Wednesday, November 18, 2015

11/18/15 Half Price Books Rare Books Section?

    Friday night, before we went and ate dinner, Wife insisted on showing me the jumbo sized Half Price Books Boy found a couple months ago.  We had gone to dinner after Wife came home from work.  Girlie had come by to visit, so she joined us, meanwhile Boy was out with one of his friends.  We went to a restaurant I really like, Mandola's, but I was kinda wondering why everyone in line seemed older.  After looking at my watch, I realized it wasn't even six, it was just dark outside.
    I really prefer to eat after eight, nineteen years of night shift will do this to you.  The bookstore was really cool, I love reading a book, I still have not committed to a computer to read, even though I do own an IPAD.  In the back of the store was a separate room and even an employee keeping sentry over the books.  I walked around the room, and found it odd that on the table in the middle of the room was a box with risque cartoons and several "dirty" old books.  Being who I am, I had to look through these, and being they were relatively cheap, I bought one, just cause.  It was from the eyes of someone who visited an insane asylum and they drew what they saw on the walls, mostly drawings by someone obsessed with peni or penises.  Tree branches were penis tipped, that kind of stuff.
    I like stuff for its shock value, also a book collection with just old classics is not going to be very interesting to everybody.  I need a few nights of OT because I could see me spending some dollars there.  There was an Albert Einstein book, as well as others I would like to see me owning.
    Some of these books seemed important, sitting there with price tags of $500.  Are these books best served living out in the real world?  I guess I wouldn't see them, if we didn't go to bookstores, maybe this is the best a book can hope for, to land in a home where it will be appreciated.  We keep building our library bigger and bigger, even Chubs is starting to have enough new books in his room that he needs a dedicated shelf.  Boy has been buying books that look good on the shelf for a long while, he has several shelves of books laying around his room, he is still a very messy boy.  At some point, I would love to take all our books and just fill a room, to have a true "library". 

No comments:

Post a Comment