Tuesday, November 10, 2015

11/11/15 Career Day For Chubs?

    Chubs had a career day on Monday.  He didn't mention much about it during the weekend, but I guess between him and Mama, they knew what he was going to do.  He wanted to dress as a genetic engineer.  I am not exactly sure what that would encompass, but I am sure that dude would wear a tie.  He took my lab coat, and a white shirt with my company logo, one of my ties and shorts, why not, this is Austin.
    Of course, he looked like a mini-me, if I ever put on my lab coat.  He was playing it up pretty good, but the narrow minded kids at his school, seeing his hairnet guessed he might be a lunch lady?  Oh well, guess that is why they have career days in the first place, so kids can see themselves becoming things they never even knew were possibilities.  Poor boy, he said he took off the hairnet, but had it on after school when he was waiting with his classmates outside to get picked up.
    Between my job here in the lab as a materials analyst and Boy in college talking about electrical engineering, robotics, and all sorts of fun alternatives, my Chub's future looks bright.  Another possible morsel of brightness is that he is being sought out to go to one of the magnet schools.  We don't know much about it yet, but if it gets him out of general population and in a more focused environment dealing with science, I will fully support it, if he wants to go.
    For now, we just keep supporting his interests.  We go to the bookstore regularly, and now that he reads like a big boy, he wants thick books he can read, he 's not in there looking for picture books.  Both boys are going to have better book collections than mine, if I don't get on the ball, but for now I am mainly interested in classical literature, so they can try to out-nerd me for awhile.
    Shoot, we were talking with Boy sunday night after the bookstore we all went to Whataburger, and he said he should be done in another four semesters.  That is really not a long time, man, I don't know how we are getting it done.  Wife is also talking about possibly getting back on the horse and pursuing that PhD.  I highly encourage her to do so, if only because those goobers sitting above her really respect titles.  She may walk in there like a brown employee who should be cleaning floors and driving busses, but goddammit you will address her as Dr. Gallegos.  Idiots!!  I know, I know, she'll insist on Dr. Delgado-Gallegos.

No comments:

Post a Comment