Friday, November 27, 2015

11/27/15 Black Friday, Cause We Need To?

    We normally stay away from the madness that is shopping on Black Friday.  I only needed to experience it once and I did.  Back in 1998 or 1999 I tried to get one of those computers that they would advertise for $300.  I worked the night before and I thought, easy peasy, just head on over to Best Buy when I get out at 6:00 am and get my computer and be on my way.
    I arrived to way too many people and by the time I got into the store, there were no cheap computers to be had.  I looked around for other discounts, but I wasn't going to stand in a long line to pay, so I tucked my tail between my legs and left, a little wiser if a little heartbroken.  I shan't believe in amazing giant discounts anymore.
    Today, my garbage disposal in the kitchen started leaking.  I didn't realize this, but my in-laws have better smelling noses and they were all smelling a stinky egg smell around the sink.  Somebody opened doors and under all the cleaning supplies and junk that collects in there was enough water to make it a real problem.  Luckily, I was on the phone with my Mom, explaining about Boy and why we took him to emergency room last night that by the time I came inside my brother in law had already soaked up most of the water with towels.  The part I didn't like was he took off the disposal so I could take it with me to the store, but it is Thanksgiving, nothing was open.  I will have to wait until tomorrow to go shopping for a new one.  I replaced the one at our first house, so it shouldn't be a big deal other than having to go out into the crazy crowds to get the new garbage disposal.
    Speaking of Boy going to E/R, he sucks.  All of a sudden he lets Wife know that he has been having body aches for like two months.  I roll my eyes at him and say we all walk around with pain all the time.  But he was busy hanging out with a friend.  They went to lunch at 5:00 and then they were watching a movie until about 11:00pm.  Two minutes after his friend leaves, he comes down crying that he can't stand the pain anymore, if she will take him to E/R.  I got pissed because if he was in pain, he should've taken care of that earlier.  Wife of course just wants her Baby to not hurt, so off they go.  After awhile, Wife calls that doctor saw him and determined that it is his non active lifestyle slowly killing him.  He needs to rest this weekend and not do any heavy lifting.  I was thinking we'll go and buy him a new mattress, maybe he will sleep better.

No comments:

Post a Comment