Tuesday, November 24, 2015

11/25/15 365, A Full Year, I think I Will Continue?

    I started writing my blog a year ago, the day after Thanksgiving.  Wife suggested I do this as an outlet, I hesitated at first.  I thought if you mention a celebrity, they might snap at you to Fark off, like you see in the movies.  The reality is my blog is probably one of millions.  The most attention any one blog got was about 86 reads for one of the first ones "Monotony Is Good?".  Most of them got in the 8-18 readers, and that is OK.  I have had fun writing story ideas, to just writing diary style what happens on any given day.  My poems may all sound similar, but I am trying different things, such as small quick rhymes, multi rhymes, to changing the AABB format to ABAB.
    Most of the input I got was from Wife and her coworkers.  Thank you all for the constructive criticism, mostly you all kept me at about a PG-13, as I really tried not to overuse cuss words or get too blue in describing a dirty thought.  Speaking of, I did have the idea to do a second blog where I would put nothing but dirty stories, some made up, some real, let the reader figure it out.  I even had the name figured out Little Mando's Nightly Thought, eh? ehh?
    Originally, this was a collection of stories and ideas I was "writing" for my boys, but I kind of moved away from that.  First of all, who wants to read something if it is full of lessons, and second I like breing creative and writing whatever I felt like.  I think if I keep it up, over time, my boys could still appreciate the writing as a description of who I am.  Maybe I am as shallow as a puddle of water after a drizzle, fine, I have never hidden what I am. 
    I will be trying to comment on comments put in.  I can't from the website where I write the blogs, but I can go into the other version that y'all see and add a comment.  Just give me a day or two to notice it.
    I hope you all have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed giving you my thoughts.  I'll try to add pics, so if we go somewhere, you can see what I see.  Let's see what year two brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment