Sunday, November 22, 2015

11/23/15 It's Starting To Feel A Lot Like The Holidays?

    Thanksgiving can't come soon enough for this house of fatties.  I have been having visions of Turkey and ham for awhile.  I like the other stuff, but you can't beat the meat.  This weekend we started feeling like a party with my folks here.  Chubs had a blast, it was his first sleepover with friends from his school.
    Wife has the whole week off, hopefully, she can get the christmas tree up.  My brother and sister both called and said they might think of coming up this next weekend, on Black Friday, mostly to start shopping for them.  I encouraged my folks to come back, being that my mom really enjoys having the whole family together, she worries about sleeping arrangements, which I think is a minor thing.
    We will have my in-laws here on Thanksgiving, which is good, Wife loves slaving away in the kitchen all day with her sisters and mom where they can laugh and joke, but they never forget they are cooking for Big Mando.  My father-in-law likes getting up at 4-5 in the morning, which is only good for starting slow cooked meals in the middle of the day.  I will be working Monday through Wednesday night, meaning my Thanksgiving festivities will start Thursday, but that is fine, four days off will still be very nice, specially with all the leftovers to munch on all weekend.
    We already got the potentially hardest gifts, our moms.  My dad gave me an idea, which I think I will buy for him, as he is such a manly man, this tool seems beneath him, but might be just what the Dr. ordered, for his weak/damaged shoulders.  After that, it's something nice for Wife, the boys, and all the rest of the kids.  We are not supposed to be exchanging gifts with the adult siblings, but I am liking the idea of passing around some books after some discussions I've been having.
    There will be one more hurdle Wife can't help herself.  She has one more conference in Dallas, have I mentioned I hate these things.  I think this one is an instructional conference on where to place Elf on the Shelf for best effect around the house.  If it is not on that, then it must be the conference covering outdoor decorations and what to do when your HOA only allows 18 decorations, but you budgeted and bought 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment