Sunday, November 15, 2015

11/15/15 You're Too Calm, Let's Fight?

    There are some things you can't win at as a man.  I know that my position already puts me at a disadvantage, having testicles, but oh well.  We went to the mall, after sitting at home, like a good little puppy, Wife took a load of future leaders to Tx. State and got back around 5:30pm.  I have nothing against her doing that, she supposedly gets paid, so it's all good, I think the exposure is great for those kids.
    Some of those kids don't even realize that all their teachers have four year degrees in whatever field they teach.  She was telling me that upon mentioning to one of her students she had gone to school at Tx. State, the kid retorted "you are the first person I ever meet that has a degree."  Wife told her no, all your teachers have degrees.  She was very surprised by this.
    Hearing interactions like those make me glad Wife does what she does.  Getting back and attacking me, though, makes me think she might have a tumor in the head.
    When she got home, Chubs and I had been at home all day.  I suggested going to the mall, she said that would be OK, after a bathroom break.  We all went potty, and then away we went.
    We went in through Dillard's and she was looking at cloth bags, supposedly a fine bag brand, but I already buy her plenty of leather bags from Coach and lately Brahmin.  She's looking at $50 bags, when normally I spend $150-$300 on bags I choose.  Fine, I think.  Your mom got you one, I guess you could get another one to change it up a bit.
    Brahmin had a few choices in their closeout section.  I suggested they would work for Christmas gifts for our moms.  We chose two and some wallet accessories and had them gift wrapped by them so they look professionally wrapped.  We then found a brand new jewelry store, had just opened today, and they had some Longhorn watches that looked pretty good fo Dad.  I could have gotten the watch and matching wallet but I didn't in case I see something better in the next few weeks.
    Here's the fun part of the night as we got on the escalator, Wife asks what I'm getting for Girlie.  I haven't even had a chance to think about it, we only got the other two gifts because my mom has become a purse fanatic, and Wife is doubling up on the idea, otherwise she ends up with a gift certificate for her mom.  I say I don't know, she says mmm-hmmm.  It better not be more than $50.  I say umm, ok, then it'll be $50.  To which she says "liar!"  I repeat I don't know.  If you need to hear I will only spend $10, then I am saying $10 it is. 
    My point here is bringing this up was only because she wanted to argue, if I say ok, whatever number you say, she will call me a liar, if I say $300, she will say fuck no.  If I say I don't know, last year, I didn't even give her anything, we weren't talking, she'll mention the gift from two years ago.  What can I say that won't be seen as defensive, when I say nothing, she reminds me of the money I have hidden in the closet which I can use for whatever, but of course that doesn't matter.
    So what is it?  Do you feel like fighting or do you have something growing in your head?  I maintain I have done nothing different.  Maybe she has gotten tired of my fat ass and wants to not just be passive aggressive, but wants me on guard.  After all, if I can't work OT and bring in extra money, what good am I for?

No comments:

Post a Comment