Saturday, November 14, 2015

11/14/15 Self-Entitled Leaders Of Tomorrow?

    This morning I caught a quick read my sister posted on FB.  It was about the possibility that helicopter parents and the new generation of everyone gets an award and nobody is a loser is fixing to start paying off, and now.  The article was a little disjointed, maybe that is why it was taken down, but what I gathered some very very special kids were gathered out in between some buildings complaining/whining about Halloween and how it allows rapists to dress up and make well most of the Yale population scared of being raped.  They were crying and demanding "safe space".  What the hell is that?  Don't go out if you don't feel safe, it is one night, and this year was a Saturday.  I don't demand the city make the woods behind my house a "safe space", if I go out there at night and a snake bites me, I should have known it is better to walk out there during the day.  Wife and I have seen many times, right at dusk, young ladies running on the many city trails, headed into some dark part, all we can think is "why put yourself at risk?"  Getting back to the article though....
    Do you want to be treated as adults or are you still in need of your mommy tucking you in bed and rubbing Desitin on your rashy ass?  Pick one.  Adults, first of all, use their words, they don't scream to get their point across.  The one chick that took center stage, started screaming and threw her backpack down, I am sure she ruined her Jello Pudding Cup doing that, but she got in the older man's face demanding him to resign over something written on a letter.  I was sure she was going to hit him, it was most uncomfortable.  She was yelling at his actions and how they are going to reduce the student population, people are going to transfer out in droves.  The hell is she smoking?  People don't intentionally dropout, specially not from ivy league schools.
    The other thing that bothered me was the use of the finger snap instead of clapping.  It is a half ass effort, if you agree with the tantrum girl, clap and be loud in unison, if she is an idiot, don't make a sound.  That finger snapping comes across as hey, yeah, we , ummm, kinda, agree, sure.....
    I pride myself in raising my kids with the notion that they are going out into the real world.  We could have sent them to private schools, but then what, find them private jobs?  They need to mingle with the common man, and the common man is a stupid man, maybe naive, but if you never deal with him or her, you will always think you are special.  I taught Boy, and always repeated myself to his friends, "school is not daycare, you go there to learn.  That teacher is there for 20-30 students, not for your idiot ass to be consuming class time with your shenanigans.  There are things you are not going to like, learn to deal with it.  Out there, you are nothing but a brown kid trying to get ahead, you're not special, yet."  One day the world may indeed revolve around you, but first it needs to go around me a few times because I am awesomer and more accomplished. (little joke there)

No comments:

Post a Comment