Monday, November 2, 2015

11/2/15 The Night My Dog Saved Me From The Trombone Section, Or I'm An Idiot?

    Adam Carolla said it best when he said "I had no idea grown ups were such idiots."  We had a slow day today, went to the mall, Boy needed a new jacket.  I'm actually surprised, all of a sudden I look sideways at him, and he's no longer my little humunculus, as Sheldon called Leonard on Big Bang Theory.  Boy might actually reach my height, seems about an inch shorter now.  For awhile, I thought he was going to to stay in the 5'5" range.  Anyways, we ended up finding an acceptable jacket at Buckle.  He was pissed because he went in there by himself and was being ignored, yet we come in and I waste no time getting their hook and start taking jackets down from the wall, and a couple gals make their way over quickly.  Go sniff the good looking guy who ain't buying shit, I don't care, but don't expect me to stick my thumbs in my butt and wait for you to stop flirting.  Once I gave her the stick thing, and got her attention, she snapped to doing her job.
    I left Boy with Wife to finish paying for the jacket, I needed some stuff from the tool section at Sears, my toolbox finally gave out.  My sockets kept falling out of the holding spots, so I got a new metal tool box, with socket holders, and added in some new screwdrivers and wrenches while I was there.
    Boy also needed some groceries, so we left the mall right at 6:00pm, and headed to HEB.  He got a couple bags of food, took money from us to cover his rent and poof, like a cloud of smoke, he was gone back to his apartment.
    Coming into the house, we noticed the kids in front running around in costumes, did some math in my head, these kids were having some sort of Halloween party, they were dressed up, I was thinking good, just don't knock my trash can over.  Funny thing, once we came in, they came to the door and we could hear them yelling "Trick or Treat!"  I thought cool, we had about half the candy bags left over from last night and we about gave them a whole giant bag of candies, because who does that?  We could tell they were dorky band kids, not thugs or scary marauders.  Half the kids were wearing glasses, and if you're capable of reading this, you know what I mean, band kids aren't hood kids, or anything intimidating.
    Enter FB, and about an hour later Wife is reading to me concerned comments about the group of "defiant" kids who wouldn't leave so and so's front door.  These people were nice enough to set their two german sheperds on the kids, "sieg heil" indeed.
    Wife walked the neighborhood last night with Chubs and although it was a beautiful night and I try to focus on only the positive, she did say most of the houses had their lights off.  Come on you cheap bastards, does it hurt to participate and bring a little joy to the kids in the neighborhood?  When you decided to move into a nicer neighborhood, you also volunteered to not be a cheap ass, buy a bag or two of candies, believe me Satan is not celebrating little girls dressed as princesses or boys dressed as Jedis, if you think Jesus will judge you for giving in to the holiday, then you are as stupid as I thought.  I'm sorry but this is not a starter home neighborhood, this is a move-up neighborhood, the only reason you don't buy candy to give is choice.  Halloween was on a Saturday night, the weather was perfect, oh well, another reason I think my neighborhood sucks gonads.

No comments:

Post a Comment