Sunday, November 8, 2015

11/8/15 New Chapter In Our Evolution?

    I think we are on the verge of a new alpha male.  Historically, the alpha male was a leader, a hunter, even a killer.  To be called alpha male, their had to be an advantage physically.  The bigger, the better.  But things have changed.  Our society has become so complex that there is no choice but to accept that the new alpha male representative is very much a Bill Gates.  Super nerds with brains are going to rule in the foreseeable future.  What good are muscles, when new high paying jobs will require one to spend most of their days on a keyboard?  Or coming up with solutions for things that haven't even been thought of.
    Boy and his friends seem like the type.  I could not focus in school with all the different girls around me, not that I was hitting on them or anything, but just admiring their beauty was quite a distraction.  Boy and his friends don't even seem to notice girls, they are a total non factor.  He does notice them in the sense that they piss him off.  If they are in his class, he is sure they will only slow his learning down.  He has yet to have a decent female lab partner who doesn't act like a girl when things get real, according to him.
    Still, I can't help but smile.  These boys are going to hopefully lead us forward in the near future.  Sounds bad, but most of our economy is based around keeping the military at the forefront of weaponry.  Boy has always said he would love to work where things go boom.  I told him to slow down, mostly I don't want him losing a finger at the house.  He's been priming himself for that type of career, working with robots, building rockets that scared the crap out of me.  Even building a potato gun once when he was a sophomore or so.  Launched a potato about a hundred yards out in the green space behind our yard.
     I don't know that he even sees it, but he loves putting things together.  He needs to end up with a job that gives him that freedom of creating.  Just a couple weeks ago, he went to a Wizard Con, dressed up as a character.  He spent most of the day making this over sized hammer as part of his costume.  It was still in one piece that night, I don't think he even worried about it holding up, he calmly told me how he solidified the hollow tube with fiberglass and all this other stuff.  I have never even thought of working with fiberglass, he is comfortable with it, because they would use it when they built those rockets in high school.
    I am impressed with these boys at what they take for granted and already do now.  I am just happy that we have always been able to support his experiments, financially and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment