Thursday, April 30, 2015

5/1/15 My Parent's Anniversary?

    Today is my parent's anniversary.  They are now married 44 years and going strong.  I was talking to my Mom a couple days ago and she said she had forgotten their anniversary was this week.  They had planned on coming up, but my sister spazzed out something fierce and I believe it scared mom enough to cancel her plans.  It's just as well, I am probably working tonight, Wife is working all day Saturday, Boy is working all day Saturday.  Only Chubs has a free weekend, but he is a party in a bottle right there.
    My mom did say they might come up Saturday, once my sister is appeased.  But then my Dad had plans to watch the big fight, and there is no way I am paying $100 to watch 2 idiots punch each other.  The last thing I want is my Dad sitting there butthurt cause I won't cough up the cash to see the fight when my brother will pay for it right next door to his house.
    I guess we take for granted that the two of them are still together, even Wife's parents are still together.  That seems like such a rare thing, nowadays.  I don't think a single friend that Boy brought over growing up, had both parents together.  We haven't met Chubs' friends but I believe it is more of the same.  I see them as good role models, yes they argued and even fought a bit in the earlier years, but they also worked through their differences and stayed together for the sake of family unity.  Wife and I have argued and fought,  but we are mature enough to know family is more important than our own selfish pursuits.
    I guess we'll be taking them to eat this weekend, if they do show up.  Do you buy them a gift?  I am not sure, I am going to say the meal is a nice enough gift.  It feels so good to be working OT again, to the point that I can treat if I feel like doing so.  This is part of the reason we are selling the big house, I want to be the man, regularly.
    I just have to figure out where to take them now.  My dad is not a fan of the Brazilian Steakhouse, Chubs was already asking for it, and Wife says I sullied our little Italian place, so I guess we'll be trying a new place this weekend.
    Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad, I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Googled it! Modern gift...groceries! Haha edible arrangement or a nice grocery bag according to this source... http://anniversariesbyyear.com/44thanniversary.php

    ReplyDelete