Saturday, April 25, 2015

4/25/15 Good Deeds, Just Do Them?

    I am the first to realize that doing good for others is a royal waste of time.  Rare is the effort returned, but I don't think we that do good can help ourselves.  Wife has been on her little soapbox (do high pitched whiny wife voice here) "we can't afford them, we don't need them, it's just a waste of money...." It gets to the point that I don't want to hear the histrionics of Wife.  26 years together, I know what she is going to say to most anything I do.
    Today Chubs and I headed to the mall, her assumption was that I had ulterior motives for myself, but I have been working a lot of OT lately and I wanted to get something nice for my lady.  She had been complaining for a couple months that she can't find her good sunglasses.  When I hear something like this, I instinctively go to replace said item.  She was all meep meep meep no.  I went and got her what I thought were nice Coach oversized sunglasses, what the gals are wearing nowadays.
    For like 10 seconds the cat got her tongue.  Wow, yes, those of you that know her, she was quiet for a few moments..... victory never tasted so good.  I think she liked them, I didn't really get a thank you, but I did have to run off to work. 
    It was nice to eat at food court in mall, Usually, we stay in Southpark Meadows, so a change of view was good.  Being I have worked back to back 70 hour weeks and next week is lining up the same way, any change in pattern is appreciated.
    Wife works again tomorrow morning, she is starting to feel the drain of working six days a week.  She, at least has a summer to look forward to.  I do not get that kind of break.  But it is OK.  She did get a Ford Explorer as a car rental to ferry some kids to whatever is going on tomorrow.  That Explorer is pretty nice.  Leather seats, sunroof, navigation screen, third row seating for a max of 7 people.  Once we move, this is what I'll be looking for for Wifey.  I think I will keep the bug as our convertible and back up car, she can have the first new car we buy.  Why?  Well because she deserves it, as the hens on FB always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment