Sunday, April 5, 2015

4/5/15 What Does Easter Mean To Me?

    I am not religious, Wife will say she is, but there is not much church visiting for us.  I should feel weird celebrating a religious holiday, but I manage to get over it.  We focus on the fun side of the holiday.  There are candies to disperse, Wife has gotten out of hand some years with the easter baskets, they seem like they are competing with the Christmas tree in the amount of toys and stuff the boys get.  They don't mind, so it continues.
    Another big thing to the celebration is sitting with family dressed up slightly better than usual and grilling some dead animal meats.  I say dressing slightly better because I am very comfortable in a wife beater, but it is nicer to have sleeves for the occasional pictures that might end up on FB.  Nothing brings the family closer than the smell of the grill burning and charring some cow or chicken.  This year is going to be a little different, we always go to my Mom's, but since Boy is working on the weekends, he has asked us to stay so he won't be alone.  We are probably going to forego our usual thing and make the best of it by grilling here by ourselves.
    As I had said in a previous blog, we do love the cascarones, these are decorative hollow egg shells
filled with confetti and broken on the heads of our fellow friends and family members.  Wife used to tell me growing up, her cousins would fill the eggs with whatever they had, sometimes, to be funny, there'd be an egg filled with flour, or dirt.  Yeah, that sucks.  Confetti just falls off after you shake your hair a bit.  Plus confetti looks pretty with its bright colors, stuck in a pretty girl's hair. 
    It might be a good weekend to go catch a movie.  We haven't gone since Jupiter Ascending, with Mila Kunis.  Good movie, and idea of an alien race populating random planets sounds plausible.  I'm not sure what movies are out though.
    Whatever we end up doing, first and foremost, my boys have to feel loved and cared for, second Wife has to feel like she is the most important woman in my life, that reminds me "Hey Babe, go in the kitchen and start making some tortillas, Jesus loves tortillas!!"  I kid.  We will be together though, and that is always job one.  So like I tell my boys and wife daily, "love you, and be careful out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment