Monday, April 20, 2015

4/21/15 Missed 4/20 Day, Awww Man?

    Saw a joke somewhere this weekend, if your employee asks for Monday off, he's probably a stoner, urine trouble Dude.  Monday was 4/20, which somehow got designated the smoke out time in the afternoon for the marijuana fans.  I have never tried it, I am always in too much of a rush to do anything as time wasteful as smoking something then sitting around and contemplating what if's and what ought's.
    I don't have a problem with whoever wants to do whatever.  The movies certainly try to glamourize it.  They show all these creative types and getting high makes them more creative.  The sad fact is the people I know in reality that do whatever are usually stunted and one or two sentences talking with them is all you need to know they like the herb.  But party on!!!
    The closest I've been to it is at several concerts.  There used to be big open all day concerts back in the 90's in my beloved Southpark Meadows.  Back before the Wal-Marts and the Targets took over.  I remember watching Pearl Jam and Blues Traveler and The Dave Mathews Band, all had  their fair share of smoking going on in the crowd.  Those were days of less stress for me, so I might have been affected more and maybe even enjoyed the feeling while at the event.
    I haven't even been to a concert in ten years or so.  I had a neighbor who kept telling me he was gonna get me high, I just smiled and said mmm-hmmm.  All I can think of stuff like that is it would have been a good excuse to grope his wife, now ex-wife.  Otherwise, why do we need to be out of our right minds?  That's the same thought I have for alcohol.  I'll get drunk with anyone, specially in the hot tub, but there will be some hand slapping, otherwise I see no point in it.
    So it goes, I'll be me, probably best kept in my boring neutral setting, even better if I'm at work.  But if you think you wanna party, I'm willing, I even know the rules "puff puff pass" just don't go crying when you end up with a finger in the hoo-haa and a hemorrhoid as a souvenir of the good times we can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment