Monday, April 13, 2015

4/14/15 I Thought We Had Hectic Lives?

    Man, I know things will slow down once the move happens, but dammit.  I did end up falling asleep around 6am which is normal for me and waking around 2pm.  Chubs was still asleep, so I woke him, but we were moving at a Saturday moorning pace, with just the two of us at home.  I drank a cup of coffee so slowly that the last gulp was cold and I forced it down "glup" cause mama didn't raise no quitter.
    Wife texted she was on her way back from A&M around 5pm, I thought good, I'll shower and take care of some quicky chores.  I have a Kierig coffee machine but I am cheap, I use regular Folger's in those refillable plastic filter thingies.  My coworker suggested using the paper filters in it to ease cleaning and they really do help.  I ran out Saturday morning, so I went to go buy some, along with a new "mouse" for my laptop, the old one broke, I wanna blame Boy, but I'm not sure.  Then I also needed deodorant.  Wow, I had run out of Degree, the white powdery cream one and used the clear variety that Wife accidentally bought.  Woohoo, I showered Friday night and I swear, it was like I tucked a whataburger with onions in my armpits.  I thought that smell left me in junior high or high school, dammit!!!!
    I thought the three things were going to require three store visits, but Target came through like a champ so Chubs and I were home about ten minutes before the tornado arrived.  I don't know if Wife had a couple of those five hour energy drinks, but it wasn't "hi Babe, how was your day?"  It was ok, the realtor called blah blah this, are we going to Home Depot, I need bins to start taking things off the wall, tacky this tacky that, gaudy gaudy, realtor lady also said..... I of course snapped, it's what I do.  "Slow the F down!!  I don't care what the realtor said, i'll sell house at a loss.  It is 6:30pm on a Saturday, you haven't even gone to pee after being gone all day.  Take a deep breath."
    We ended up walking around Home Depot for like two hours, got bins and paint and stuff.  Boy came home right as we were walking out, he and Chubs stayed home during this time.  We then picked them up, ate Italien per Boy's request, meal was very nice.  Restaurant is Mandiola's, it is behind the Cheddar's on William Cannon and MoPAC.  It is a really cute place, both our folks have gone and liked it.  We came home, saw a couple shows on DVR, and we were out by 1am.
    Today was a blur, got up around 2pm, because I was gonna work around 5pm.  We went and ate at Don Dario's, Wife was hesitant because they killed somebody there a couple weeks ago.  I said shooter or whatever is probably gone.  Chubs surprised me and said food is to die for.  By the time we were done, drove to look at renting a storage spot to start taking stuff out of house, but they were closed, came home, pooped and off to work.  Only worked nine hours, so I am home writing this around 4:30am.  I'm sure it's gonna be busy busy until we sign house off to some californians.

No comments:

Post a Comment