Sunday, April 26, 2015

4/26/15 Started Decluttering?

    Today was the first day it felt like we are putting in the effort to move.  My in-laws came to town and they worked non-stop for about six hours to get garage to an acceptable level.  There is still much to do but at least we are moving forward.
    My first goal was to cut the grass, Wifey had a couple of cuts the last few weeks and she has been busting my chops that I'm not doing my fair share.  I cut the front yard and trimmed it while the in-laws tore through the stuff in the garage.  I think it is easier for outsiders to do the work because to me, none of that stuff was trash, but after seven plus years, this stuff is not making it back in the house.
    My father-in-law has his truck full of stuff at this moment.  He loves going to Goodwills and buying stuff, this must have been like that without having to pay.  There were supplies, clothes, old electronics, he is taking our electric lawn mower, which I never really liked.
    Currently, there is a secondary pile which they will come back for and a pile of stuff in black trash bags which they considered trash.  I honestly would rather not see, because I did not see any of this as trash.  The stuff that is left can now be taken to our storage unit to remove even more volume.
    Once this is gone, we can start staging our stuff in garage for removal from the house.  We are going to keep a minimum amount of stuff here, and I would prefer to take pictures of our house with the rooms mostly empty.  The realtor will be taking the pictures for use in advertising our house to the masss,
    Honestly, we need to go order carpeting for the other house too.  I went over to let a foundation guy do some measuring, he found no serious problems so we can proceed.  Every renter we've had has had dogs, and the poor carpet has paid the price.  Oh well, lesson learned.
    My goal is to install new carpet, get a professional to smooth out the cracks in the walls, get whole house painted, install new water heater and install new central air with new air ducts since heater has been broke for over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment